Outer Worlds Announcement Trailer from Obsidian

Engines UE4 and almost identical to borderlands sans the heavy cell shading. Since Private Division is a Take-Two Interactive company there is an extremely high likelihood they have access to borderlands assets.
Will probably play like Borderlands though that's conjecture on a video. Looks like one to watch! As long as it's not online required the old fallout team should make one heck of a story.

///Also to keep being "that guy".. How dare they use a 20-year-old engine! It's almost old enough to drink!

Like most I think it looks interesting. Need to see more before I'm fully on this train though but it definitely has potential.

Added to my wish list on Steam. Looks like it will be a great game, as expected from a great developer like Obsidian. :)

So if it turns out to be a smashing success, who owns the IP? And if it's not Microsoft, would Take Two find another dev to continue this?

Obsidian/MS I believe. Pretty sure Private Label is similar to EA’s former indie publishing model where the developers retain ownership of their IPs.

Obsidian/MS I believe. Pretty sure Private Label is similar to EA’s former indie publishing model where the developers retain ownership of their IPs.

And fortunately this game was far enough along that MS couldn't insist it die a premature death being a windows 10 store exclusive.

Seems awesome to me. As long as they don't bungle the business side of things, I'm in for sure.

It's the Unreal 4 Engine, Obsidian purposely made the UI like Fallout New vegas for familiarity and game play feel - without the bugs. Just for those that asked.

I will be picking this up just to support Obsidian... It's either that or play Fallout 76. (that hurt just typing that)...

Back