• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Outdoor Speakers

FRAGMAN BOB

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
292
Not really computer audio, but figured this section will know the most overall on this topic. My aunt got a pool and wants a sound system for parties. 10-15 people, light music not frat party music. I have a 30watt per channel amp sitting around with RCA inputs. I'm looking for some decent cheap (~$100) outdoor speakers. Any recommendations?
 
Are you looking to mount the speakers onto the house or just have freestanding speakers?
 
If you keep checking harman audio ebay store you can find some really nice JBL outdoor speakers for about $100.

http://stores.ebay.com/harmanaudio

I can personally vouch for these speakers

Meh: Polk Audio Atrium 45/55
Good: JBL N26AWII
Best: JBL S36AWII
 
Last edited:
Good: JBL N26AWII


^Have those. They're wonderful, I was fully impressed with them and their clean loud output for such a tiny package.
 
The JBL outdoor speakers are some of the best I've heard, but I have a hard time spending that kind of money.

There are some 120w Insignia outdoor speakers at Best Buy for around $90 that are actually quite nice.
They put out clean, crisp sound with a fair amount of thump for such a small package.

Avoid buying anything that's made to look like a rock or some other 'camouflaged' outdoor speaker... the rule of thumb is if it looks like a rock it's probably going to sound about as good as one, too. Every single 'looks like a rock' set of speakers I've heard, even the expensive ones, sound like complete crap.
 
Back
Top