outdoor camera/wifi/router/dsl setup on a pole

astro1911

n00b
hi,

not sure if this the section to post this in but..

what im trying to do is setup an IP Camera on a hydro pole on my property and also a wifi access point.

im going to go with an axis poe camera and an alix based weather proof wifi access point and mount both on the hydro pole high up off the ground 20feet up.

i have a 100amp weather proof panel at the bottom of the hydro pole and also a DSL line coming in there.

what my question is, can anyone make any suggestions for a Router/pc weather proof and an enclosure for the dsl modem / power backup

its in a cold/hot climate -40c in winter and +35c in summer

thanks

hi,

not sure if this the section to post this in but..

what im trying to do is setup an IP Camera on a hydro pole on my property and also a wifi access point.

im going to go with an axis poe camera and an alix based weather proof wifi access point and mount both on the hydro pole high up off the ground 20feet up.

i have a 100amp weather proof panel at the bottom of the hydro pole and also a DSL line coming in there.

what my question is, can anyone make any suggestions for a Router/pc weather proof and an enclosure for the dsl modem / power backup

its in a cold/hot climate -40c in winter and +35c in summer

thanks

why would you put all that equipment up on a pol ?: why not put the camera and access point on the pole and rest in the house.

Why do you want wifi up there ? is the property really large ? you could just get a higher powered outdoor access point and have it outside.

there is no house, its a construction site.

its about 5 acres big, I wanna cover as much of the area with wifi as I can and also use the camera for security/time lapse of me building the house

the dsl modem, power backup and router/computer will be on the ground. just the access point/antennas and camera on the pole

im looking for some product suggestions and maybe a way to cut out a computer and just use the access point as the router etc

well you still need power on the pole, thats taken care of?

Axis PTZ camera, Pepwave PolePoint for Wireless (repeat as needed)

Oh i see where this is going, i actually do this for a living. We have whats called as a C'CAN it is locakable can that we put all the construction workers tools in. It also houses the sites security alarm, Nightvision cameras dsl wireless router and DVR.

You might want to look into a custom case that can be mounted on the pole, however it might be hard to do, as y ouneed 110ac at the pole along with your phone line. The rest after that is easy.

j'

dashpuppy: do you have any pictures or product links to the places you have setup like that?

Back