• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

outdated cores

Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
0
ok, i've gotten this for the past week:

Core Outdated (Gromacs 1.81)

I've deleted my queue.dat and work file/folders, tried everything else under the sun but still cannot get another unit assigned...

anyone got a new Gromacs core they can RAR and send to flicker180@gmail.com?

or, any other suggestions?

dave
 
You can go ahead and delete the FAHcore files, for Gromacs, I believe it's core 78. The console will then redownload the most recent version.

 
p[H]ant0m said:
You can go ahead and delete the FAHcore files, for Gromacs, I believe it's core 78. The console will then redownload the most recent version.


i've never had it successfully download any new cores....always errors out.

dave
 
dave_graham said:
i've never had it successfully download any new cores....always errors out.

dave


Do you have the latest client? Console or whatever.

 
dave_graham said:
i've never had it successfully download any new cores....always errors out.

dave

I've had this problem as well. Look in your F@HomeLog.txt file. I've usually tracked it down to a network problem - usually a firewall blocking port 80.

I'm pretty sure the client uses 8080 to send and recieve work, but uses regular 80 to download new cores. That leaves you with 3 choices -open the port and allow the client through, define a proxy in the cfg that has access, or copy the core from another PC and restart the F@H service.

 
Party2go9820 said:
I've had this problem as well. Look in your F@HomeLog.txt file. I've usually tracked it down to a network problem - usually a firewall blocking port 80.

I'm pretty sure the client uses 8080 to send and recieve work, but uses regular 80 to download new cores. That leaves you with 3 choices -open the port and allow the client through, define a proxy in the cfg that has access, or copy the core from another PC and restart the F@H service.


yeah, that's not the problem...8080 is open.

i get an "error code 0" and i've copied the core over from my p4 machine (which does the large point units)....still no worky.

dave
 
dave_graham said:
yeah, that's not the problem...8080 is open.

i get an "error code 0" and i've copied the core over from my p4 machine (which does the large point units)....still no worky.

dave

But what about port 80?

If you're going to copy a core in manually, make sure you get the right one. There are several different cores for different projects - FahCore_78.exe, FahCore_7a, FahCore_82.exe, etc. Just because you copied a core doesn't mean its the one your new box needs. To complicate matters even further you have to make sure its new enough as well. If you copy an old version it can still error out saying that the core is outdated. The client then continues to try and get a newer version.

Utlimately you'll want to figure out why this box can't talk out on ports 80 and 8080 because otherwise you'll just have this same problem again down the road.

 
dave_graham said:
anyone got a new Gromacs core they can RAR and send to flicker180@gmail.com?

or, any other suggestions?

dave


Hey I emailed those cores to you in RAR format and it was returned, due to attachments...blahh...blahh...blahh!
Is there another format that you can accept?

 
I'd take a look at ActiveArmor if you've got a NF4 board that has it, and have the drivers installed for it. I had problems along similar lines, and heard similar stories from other people. Maybe the driver is more mature (I've got 6.66 installed for x64, 6.67 exists in beta, and 32bit should be more mature a wee bit, but dont have the driver for it installed itself now at all any more). Just thought i'd mention it, dont know what equipment you've got

 
CaptRingold said:
I'd take a look at ActiveArmor if you've got a NF4 board that has it, and have the drivers installed for it. I had problems along similar lines, and heard similar stories from other people. Maybe the driver is more mature (I've got 6.66 installed for x64, 6.67 exists in beta, and 32bit should be more mature a wee bit, but dont have the driver for it installed itself now at all any more). Just thought i'd mention it, dont know what equipment you've got


i'm completely wireless in my house and my system is an nf3 board.

dave
 
Back
Top