Out of these 7 x99 Boards which would you choose?

King Icewind

Supreme [H]ardness
Leaving for Microcenter in about 1 hour and they have these open box x99 boards. Providing everything looks good on them (no damage) which would you get?

I was going to get the Asus Deluxe, but the GA-X99M would be nice to go to smaller case size. The first AsRock on the list does have USB 3.1, however, I don't have any devices that would use it.

Thank you for any input.

boards-1.png

That's actually a really good price for the x99 deluxe. I'd go with that.

Yep, I'd go for the X99 deluxe. If that one is gone grab an Extreme4

99.9% of the "Open Box" boards I look at in Microcenter have bent CPU pins (bent up by the idiots at Microcenter who handle the boards) and are usually missing the I/O plate. That said if the X99 Deluxe is complete I'd buy that myself.

They had the x99 Deluxe.. hidden away in the back. I had to ask for it. I checked out the pins and they looked fine. It also had everything as far as I could tell minus SATA cables. It has the manual, DVD with drivers, M.2 Card, M.2 bracket, fan extension card, extra pin jumper things(?), I/O plate, and wireless antenna. Even the cashier was surprised it had the I/O plate. I also got 2x8GB DDR4 3200 for 65$.

It says on the box it tested "Good" but I won't have a 5820k for a little while to test it (such a tease). Hopefully it is in fact good.

Here's a picture of the pins:
20160410_163744-1024x576.jpg

Another view

Going to go great with the current color scheme:
20160410_163302-1024x576.jpg

20160410_164016-1024x576.jpg

Plastic is still on the side panel. ;)

Anyways, pretty excited. Not as exciting as that 80$ MSI board, but still exciting.

Every now and then you do find a gem at Microcenter. Looks like you got one !

Wish we had a microcenter in upstate NY. Glad you got a great deal.

Back