Ok Guys and Gals,
I have been out of the loop for some time now. I'm currently using an nforce 2 mobo with an amd xp proc. I'm looking to upgrade...problem is, I'm not familiar with all the new tech, not too mention all the different brands. I would like to stick with amd. From what I have read, theres chipsets by via and nvidia, all kinds of different processor sockets, sli, pcix, etc, etc. If anybody could provide a quick summary or point me in the direction of a good round-up type article I would appreciate it. Please don't suggest any type of searches, as the whole point of this post is for a summary. I don't want to research hours on end when i know one of you can break it down in a matter of a few minutes. As long as I know what to be looking for I can do my research from there. Thanks!
I have been out of the loop for some time now. I'm currently using an nforce 2 mobo with an amd xp proc. I'm looking to upgrade...problem is, I'm not familiar with all the new tech, not too mention all the different brands. I would like to stick with amd. From what I have read, theres chipsets by via and nvidia, all kinds of different processor sockets, sli, pcix, etc, etc. If anybody could provide a quick summary or point me in the direction of a good round-up type article I would appreciate it. Please don't suggest any type of searches, as the whole point of this post is for a summary. I don't want to research hours on end when i know one of you can break it down in a matter of a few minutes. As long as I know what to be looking for I can do my research from there. Thanks!