OTA TV Tuner card only

theDreamer

2[H]4U
I have Uverse and am not able to record since it is IPTV, now I love the Uverse DVR, but I want to be able to record some shows onto my HTPC to watch down the road. Plus I want to free up some recording time on my DVR so I can watch TV and record.
Best options? Hoping for a PCI card so it can be internal to my system. I am running Vista Ultimate and would like integration with VMC. Any other questions about my system, just ask.

Hauppauge has some good offerings that also come with remotes. PCI is all that is required.

If you have a PCIe slot then look at the AVerMeida Duet. No analog tuner but it will pick up QAM and OTA HD and has dual tuners built in so you can record two programs or watch and record one.

If you have a PCIe slot then look at the AVerMeida Duet. No analog tuner but it will pick up QAM and OTA HD and has dual tuners built in so you can record two programs or watch and record one.

I like the idea of this card. Far more expensive than the one I posted but during those primetime hours a dual tuner will mean being able to watch more.

The question is tho. How sensitive is a dual tuner? In areas like mine with crappy UHF reception every bit counts.

I like the card too. I was reading reviews and found this topic. Im going to get it next week.

Back