OT?: Modding and apartments.

Master [H]

2[H]4U
Basically, I'm likely going to be in my own apartment in a few months, and I'm wondering where you'd do your modding. I'm talking about stuff like painting and cutting...stuff that you don't want to really do in your living area.

Kitchen. Just do the loud stuff during the day, and while there is something else loud going on preferably. Neighbors won't care about high speed dremeling if there is a pack of lawnmowers taking care of business right outside their window.

living room, smack-dab in the middle of it. dremeling at 4am - f.ck the neighbors, i'm moving out in 2 months anyway. painting there as well - just threw some newspapers over the carpet. the walls of my livingroom are now a nice shade of metallic blue from painting my dad's case.

on my balcony, preferably with sparks flying over the rail and scaring the shit out of the old lady below me. she has to many cats anyways....

Originally posted by codeflux
living room, smack-dab in the middle of it. dremeling at 4am - f.ck the neighbors, i'm moving out in 2 months anyway. painting there as well - just threw some newspapers over the carpet. the walls of my livingroom are now a nice shade of metallic blue from painting my dad's case.

hell yea! now your talking!!

Fortunately I have my own area at work I cna use for this....just bring my rig in and get it over with.

Bonus...I can do it at 5am saturday if I want :)

It's all about the service roads (1-2inch gravel road with No traftic) As a safty thing and the fact that you're renting.
Paint + Carpet / Floor / Wall = LOST DEPOST (I learned the hard way)

hehe, I'm usually not up at 5am on saturday, but when I was working on my Lian-Li, I was on about hour 35 when I gave it up and went to bed...

That job was just an example of what happens when you want to fit too much into too little a case, and have a short timeframe to boot.

Originally posted by Master [H]
I haven't seen apartments like that...I'm sure they wouldn't like it if I did it in a carport...

lol i don't give a damn..

it usually draws a crowd.

they're like " whoa can you do my computer like taht?"

HaHa I found myself the other day dremeling and sanding in my room. Man did it make a mess. Nextime though I will have to remember to cover my bed with trashbags or something. Oh well one trip to the laundry mat got all the shavings and metal powder from sanding out of the sheets.

Back