OSX Mavericks? Anyone upgrade yet?

App store lag - it's there.

I'm experiencing 30-45 minutes more battery.
2011 15" MacBook Pro

I'm running it on my mid 2011 27" iMac (3.4 i7) on a 64GB SSD... It's amazingly fast... :D

Haven't had any issues... All my apps run as they should...

Running 10.9. Buggy like lion for me.

Does not remember multi displays (i have more than 3 - 2x5770) upon restart.

Sometimes finder generates a ton of lag. which doesn't make sense - wasn't present on ML, and I have a SSD running.

8 core Mac pro 2009.

On the plus side, graphics and some performance seems to be better. minus the annoying bugs.

also, when I upgraded from snow leopard to lion, I had to dump the 4x gt120 I had and upgrade to 5770 because of the some whacky power management issue with the Nvidia drivers.

funny, snow leopard had the same power issue but that was fixed by 10.6.7...

Running 10.9. Buggy like lion for me.

Does not remember multi displays (i have more than 3 - 2x5770) upon restart.

Sometimes finder generates a ton of lag. which doesn't make sense - wasn't present on ML, and I have a SSD running.

8 core Mac pro 2009.

Did you do a fresh install or did you do it over lion?

Did you do a fresh install or did you do it over lion?

How do you do a fresh mavericks install?

I installed mavericks over mountain lion.

I'm just saying mavericks is buggy relative to ML to the point it reminded me of how buggy lion was relative to Snow leopard.

Anyway, given my history with from Snow Leopard to Mavericks, its probably some driver issue which Apple regressed/introduced - I don't believe a 'fresh install' will make a difference.

Just to add to that,

I had 4x GT120 nvidia cards with SL, about once every 2 weeks, the mac pro would hang upon waking up from sleep. by 10.6.6 - this is issue was gone.

When I upgraded to Lion, my monitors would lose its positioning upon every restart and randomly crash (same/similar NVDA driver crash as in 10.6)

I upgraded to 2x 5770 radeons and the issue immediately stopped.
I don't recall having many severe issues with 10.8 but 10.9 the graphics is a little unreliable.

10.9 will lose my monitor arrangement randomly on restarts... just like good ole lion.

Then you already did a fresh install.

[H]'s OS experience is stuck in the Windows XP era, when upgrade installs decimated systems left and right by dumping the new OS in the same folder as the old OS. OS X (and Windows 8.1 now) will by default back up your settings and user profiles, blow away the old install, create a new install, and import your settings and profiles. The end result is that you get a new install that is transparently preconfigured to match your previous install.

If you have problems after the upgrade, and a permissions repair doesn't solve it, then the root issue is some setting or process that isn't Mavericks-friendly yet. This is when the "clean install" (really a drive format and install) becomes handy if you're desperate enough. But all you're really doing is forcing yourself to reconfigure your system.

- I don't believe a 'fresh install' will make a difference.

Then you already did a fresh install.

[H]'s OS experience is stuck in the Windows XP era, when upgrade installs decimated systems left and right by dumping the new OS in the same folder as the old OS. OS X (and Windows 8.1 now) will by default back up your settings and user profiles, blow away the old install, create a new install, and import your settings and profiles. The end result is that you get a new install that is transparently preconfigured to match your previous install.

If you have problems after the upgrade, and a permissions repair doesn't solve it, then the root issue is some setting or process that isn't Mavericks-friendly yet. This is when the "clean install" (really a drive format and install) becomes handy if you're desperate enough. But all you're really doing is forcing yourself to reconfigure your system.

Terpfen - I'm gonna have to disagree with that.... A fresh install means that there's no other OS, or anything for that matter, on the hard drive....

Jayllo - If possible, create an external startup drive (if you're on an iMac or a laptop) and copy the Mavericks install app on there... Startup from that drive and format the drive that you're gonna install Mavericks on... Then run the installer on your freshly formatted drive...

That would be a fresh install...

Terpfen - I'm gonna have to disagree with that.... A fresh install means that there's no other OS, or anything for that matter, on the hard drive….

It makes no difference to Mavericks if you have an existing OS X install. If you have one, it gets blown away and a clean install is put in its place. There is no actual difference in outcome between running the Mavericks installer in Mountain Lion and reformatting and repartitioning your drive and running the Mavericks installer off a USB stick.

It is a clean install either way. Check your Windows XP era upgrade experiences at the door.

Terpfen - I'm gonna have to disagree with that.... A fresh install means that there's no other OS, or anything for that matter, on the hard drive....

That would be a fresh install...

Negative. Mavericks gets installed from it's own recovery partition. Doesn't matter if it's on the same physical drive, if it's a separate partition with a clean copy of the OS.

10.9 gives me graphical glitching on my mid-2010 Mini. Did clean install too. Made a new partition and installed Lion (I had been on 10.6 previously) and I'm not having the issue with Lion.

Back