OS2 Warp.........resolution.

Ok, we are running two machines on OS2Warp and i need to know if I can some how raise the resolution to at least 1024x768 so we can ditch the crt's and use lcd's. i tried a google but all i found were obscure mentionings of a hack.

i call upon the [H]orde to help me on this one :D

also, would programs made for OS2Warp work under Win95? would the drivers work?

FYI: we use these old pc's with OS2Warp to run very old equipment that require old ISA slot cards to comunicate.

Ok, we are running two machines on OS2Warp and i need to know if I can some how raise the resolution to at least 1024x768 so we can ditch the crt's and use lcd's. i tried a google but all i found were obscure mentionings of a hack.

i call upon the [H]orde to help me on this one :D

also, would programs made for OS2Warp work under Win95? would the drivers work?

FYI: we use these old pc's with OS2Warp to run very old equipment that require old ISA slot cards to comunicate.

According to my OS2/Warp Manuel I have here (yes...still in the box after 12 years :eek: ) Yes, OS/2 is capable of 1024x768, but it says that you may have to use the "Selective Install" option in the System Setup Folder to install SVGA drivers. That can be found in the OS/2 System Folder.

I haven't messed with this stuff in ages. I'll have to look through things a little better if you need anything more than that...:(

Ax

do they still use OS/2 for ATMs in the UK? I know its been dropped by IBM, I used to use it on a aptiva many moons ago. Mac ripped it off big time.

According to my OS2/Warp Manuel I have here (yes...still in the box after 12 years :eek: ) Yes, OS/2 is capable of 1024x768, but it says that you may have to use the "Selective Install" option in the System Setup Folder to install SVGA drivers. That can be found in the OS/2 System Folder.

I haven't messed with this stuff in ages. I'll have to look through things a little better if you need anything more than that...:(

Ax

And here I thought I was the only one that still had OS2 in its box all this time:D

Nah, OS/2 Warp was WAY ahead of it's time and much better than Windows 95 from a technical standpoint. Some things that OS/2 warp introduced (e.g. moving a program and the shortcut updates itself) are still not in Windows.

Had IBM made the step to release the OS/2 Kernel opensource, then we would not play around with Linux oder any *nix, but rather have OS/2 opensource running.

i still have the OS2Warp box....i mint condition..........am i crazy :confused:

i will try what Axdrenalin said. if we can just get 1024x768 :D

Depends on the video drivers, IIRC. What drivers are you using?

EDIT: What video card is in there?

Back