OS X on an Active Directory

BootSector

Limp Gawd
I have been tasked to set up a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.4.11 for our CEO.
I have bound it to our active directory domain but it doesn't give me the option to log in with a network ID. I know a little about OS X and I am very well versed in the Windows world but this is the first time I have ever tried to get them to play together. What am I missing or am I looking at this from the wrong angle?

What do you mean it doesn't give the option? It auto-boots into another network user?

Go to System preferences and turn off auto-login, so it gives you the login window. Before you reboot, open up a terminal and type:

Code:
id username
where username is the user you'd like to login, this will print out their UID and groups they are members of. This is a good indication that they will be able to login.

Reboot, try and log them in.

When I type in that command I get "no such user"

The main reason I am trying to get this to authenticate is that we use an ISA server to proxy the internet and with out being authenticated on the domain the user is prompted for a user name and password.

you bound the machine with Directory Access to the correct domain? Go through the various options you have there, make sure everything is correct

Back