orthos testing -- 1 cpu lagging behind the other?

bm5

n00b
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
46
Hi -- putting together a new system with the following specs:

E8400
Asus P5E-VM HDMI
Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR2-800

To start have it overclocked to 3.6. Doing orthos stress testing and noticed something really weird (or at least I haven't seen before):

Cpu 1 is running twice as fast as CPU 0. In other words, CPU1 is on Test 8 while CPU0 is on Test 4.

Anyone see this before? Is this because CPU0 is throttling? Heat seems OK at 60C (mATX case).

Any thoughts?

thanks!
 
you cpu has a lazy eye. =P

Just kidding haha, I've noticed in prime95 that one of my cores is a bit slower, after a couple of hours it'd be 2-4 tests behind. But not to the extent that you are mentioning.

I suggest trying another stress testing program to see if it happens? seems like an odd problem.
 
Back
Top