Original Xbox games on Xbox 360

raksasas

Limp Gawd
Hi,
I recently acquired an Xbox 360 It had a bad disk drive in it. I popped it open and got the disk drive make and model then order a new one off ebay. Once it came in I swapped the boards out and put it back 360 back together. I put in a 360 games to verify that it was now working. I then put in an original xbox game off the supported xbox games list and it played.

Okay since the xbox 360 was given to me I then formatted the 20gb drive that was with it and updated the Xbox 360 console software, December 2011, to clean off the HDD and update it to latest version.

Now, It will not play the original xbox games.

Is there something I need to do to get the original Xbox games to play on it again?

As far as I know you just had to update the console's software and have a harddrive, which you have done. One thing I didn't know is that they stopped adding backwards compatibility games in 2007.

Yeah, what it used to do was download a special executable that would allow them to work.
Is it not downloading that file anymore? I think the only original Xbox games I still have are Halo 2 and Ninja Gaiden Black. I'll have to give 'em a go if I can still find them. I know with both of those, they actually looked and ran better on the 360 in some cases, Ninja Gaiden looked better than a few launch 360 titles.

I remember the last time I did this on my 360 was probably back in 2008 and I was required to install the backwards compatibility via a CD. You could check the website for a download that you can burn to a CD. That worked for me and was relatively fast and easy. I have been able to play games since 2008, although I have yet to try since the new update a couple weeks ago.

I tried 2 games recently that are Xbox games, Panzer Dragoon Orta & Crimson Skies. They both worked perfectly on my 250GB 360 Slim.

Look at the Xbox-Scene forums. When you format or mod a hard drive for use with a 360, there are certain files that need to be put on there for the backwards compatibility.

Back