Original Intellimouse Explorer

jhtevans

Limp Gawd
I bought the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer way back in 1999 (WOW) when it was one of the first, if not THE first optical mouse on the market. The wear on the mouse is finally starting to bother me and I'd like to replace it. The trouble is that I don't really care for the Explorer 3.0A or the 4.0. I've tried both and prefer the original any day.

I can't find the original Intellimouse Explorer for sale anywhere, new at least. Can anyone help me out with some linkage?

The nice thing about the first one was the size. It was just perfect for my hand. I tried the mx500 after that, and well....it just wasnt big enough. I've finially settled on the newer wireless explorer.

I've got the original, too ... I don't recall seeing 'em for sale in the last couple of years at all, unfortunately.

Originally posted by RandysWay
Have you tried the MX500? ;)

I actually have the MX700 on my main rig with the MX500 on my second. The thing is that nothing comes close to the comfortable feel that I spent 4 years getting used to. My hand feels a bit cramped on both the Logitech mice, though they come the closest to the original explorer comfort, in my opinion.

I think the main problem with my explorer is the feet are completely worn out - can I get replacements anywhere? And does anyone have a suggestion on how to clean the mouse in general (i.e. what sorts of cleaners)?

Back