Original Doom Level Remade In New Doom

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I’ll be honest and admit that I don’t really see any striking similarities, although the layout is supposedly similar. Still, I am glad to hear that the level designer works well.

Snapmap might be the secret to this game's longevity. If people are already producing content....I can see entire Doom 1 and 2 remakes coming soon.

Not feeling the new doom. Movement is like he's running on his tip toes, enemies don't look like anything. The map didn't feel like anything from doom 1 either. The pace is too fast, the gun shoots too fast for an automatic bullet based gun. Leave doom 1 + 2 where they are, don't ruin them.

Epic fail if they were trying to recreate the map; zero similarities. Maybe it's the colour palette.

Uh....... I can't recognize anything... it's been a while since I've played original doom but I think I would at least recognize something, but nope, not a thing.

Not feeling the new doom. Movement is like he's running on his tip toes, enemies don't look like anything. The map didn't feel like anything from doom 1 either. The pace is too fast, the gun shoots too fast for an automatic bullet based gun. Leave doom 1 + 2 where they are, don't ruin them.

I thought the exact same thing about the pace. I've only played a couple hours so far but it does seem a little rushed. You're walking along and all of a sudden there are demons everywhere hitting you from all sides then you kill them all, run a little further then there are demons everywhere hitting you from all sides again. The original Doom had a little more exploration to it and there was some strategy to it in most places.

I also REALLY despise the low ammo limit. That's one of the best things about original Doom, bullets and health everywhere. Health too, it seems like you lose health really fast in the new Doom.

Minor gripes though. So far I'm still loving it, I just already see it's not going to be as good as Doom and Final Doom. A little better than Doom 3 though I think which I really liked and still play.

Hour into the game. Man what a waste of money.

Man, I just don't remember Doom looking that bad LOL

Does id make anything other than glorified tech demos anymore?

Comparing the two it looks like the first Doom was so much more fun.

Back