Origin automatically added BF: BC2 to my account?

nerdydesi

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought Batman: Arkham City yesterday when it was on sale in Origin. I opened the client today to look at it in my library and get ready to download it. I was also surprised to see BF: BC2 in there despite the fact that I never bought it through Origin and never registered the cd-key of my retail copy.

At least a month ago, I gave the multiplayer on my retail copy a try. Maybe when Origin updated the game to the latest version, it also automatically added it to my library? That seems strange as I thought you had to manually enter the cd-key of a retail EA game for it to register in Origin.

Has anyone else had Origin add an EA game to their account automatically like this?

Yes Origin add BF BC2 that I purchase on DVD , but it does not add the BF2 I have on my steam account , now I have origin on 3 pc, on the one I have not install BF BC2 , it offer to download it, So it's link with the regtration and Origin check what I have on my PC too, as the one already install show ready to play.

Only EA games post 2009 I believe are designed to be automatically compatible with Origin. Older digitally downloaded games can be added, but it requires contacting a CSR.

Only EA games post 2009 I believe are designed to be automatically compatible with Origin. Older digitally downloaded games can be added, but it requires contacting a CSR.

I was under the impression that a retail EA game is only added to Origin if I manually enter the cd-key, just like with retail SteamWorks games.

I didn't think Origin would add a retail EA game to it automatically, which it seemed to have done in my case. :confused:

I was under the impression that a retail EA game is only added to Origin if I manually enter the cd-key, just like with retail SteamWorks games.

I didn't think Origin would add a retail EA game to it automatically, which it seemed to have done in my case. :confused:

I don't have an recent retail EA games so I can't confirm this.

But I believe Origin does search for what retail games you have installed (that are EA games) and adds them to the launcher. I am not sure whether or not this mean the game is linked to that account though.

It added BFBC 2 and BF2: Armored Fury to mine.

Were your copies retail editions? When did Origin add them to its library, when you updated them to the latest versions?

I don't have an recent retail EA games so I can't confirm this.

But I believe Origin does search for what retail games you have installed (that are EA games) and adds them to the launcher. I am not sure whether or not this mean the game is linked to that account though.

My retail copy of BC2 has definitely been linked to my account, without me doing anything.

When I try to buy it in Origin, it gives me an error message that I already own the game, even though I just formatted my computer and the game isn't on my HDD.

They were both retail. I think it added them when i installed BF3. Not sure why it did it.

Don't be alarmed. The keys were found when agents of Electronic Arts searched your home, as provided under the End User License Agreement (EULA) which you accepted when you installed Origin. They were actually looking for contraband software, but the retail keys they discovered were added to your account as a courtesy.

They were both retail. I think it added them when i installed BF3. Not sure why it did it.

Well, I've heard from some that Origin has traits of ad-ware and mal-ware. Perhaps it checked your PC for all installed software, saw you had some retail EA games installed in the registry, and pro-actively added them to your Origin account? I find that quite unsettling. :eek:

Don't be alarmed. The keys were found when agents of Electronic Arts searched your home, as provided under the End User License Agreement (EULA) which you accepted when you installed Origin. They were actually looking for contraband software, but the retail keys they discovered were added to your account as a courtesy.

You may have hit the mark, except replace agents with Origin and home with computer. :(

Well, I've heard from some that Origin has traits of ad-ware and mal-ware. Perhaps it checked your PC for all installed software, saw you had some retail EA games installed in the registry, and pro-actively added them to your Origin account? I find that quite unsettling. :eek:

You may have hit the mark, except replace agents with Origin and home with computer. :(

Taken this from first post of the following thread

C. Binding Arbitration. If you and EA are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations within 30 days after receipt of the Notice of Dispute, either you or EA may elect to have the Dispute finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY THIS PROVISION, YOU AND EA FOREGO THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules. If such costs are determined by the arbitrator to be excessive, or if you send EA a notice to the Notice of Dispute address above indicating that you are unable to pay the fees required to initiate an arbitration, then EA will promptly pay all arbitration fees and expenses. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, and shall provide a statement of reasons if requested by either party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. You and EA may litigate in court to compel arbitration, to stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1652064

Retail BF3 required Origin during the install for me i beleive

When I installed Alice: Madness Returns, I was required to register it with EA. So, if I were to install Origin, would I be in the same boat as the OP?

Probably because it is the same account. You need an account to play BC2 online and that is an EA account, same account as you use for Origin. It is smart enough to figure out that you own BC2, since you already registered it. Origin for a few of my games in that fashion since they were already registered on my EA account for other reasons. Other games had to be manually added using their CD key.

When EA got reved up with Origin they unified all their accounts. Some they had already unified, but they did it all with Origin. Actually on account of that my login with them references Mythic since I played DAoC back in the day, and EA bought Mythic. Thus as my oldest account with them, everything else unified under it.

Well as Sycraft said : You registered BC2 key on EA account so then you must have it also on your origin, because it's in your account. It's simple.

It added BFBC 2 and BF2: Armored Fury to mine.

Armored Fury was only retail if purchased with the BF2 complete pack, which came with Euro Force and Special Forces.
If it was bought by itself, then you had to have bought it from the EA store online and downloaded using the EA Download Manager, aka EADM.

I called a few times to get all of my EA games added to Origin, once added to Origin, you don't need to use the CD or DVD anymore, but you do have to reinstall the game via Origin otherwise you will still need to supply the disc to start the game.
Crysis and Warhead, BF2, and BF2142, were like this, so I just uninstalled them them installed them via Origin and now no more Disc Checks.

So, if my Alice: Madness Returns was purchased via Steam, and is now also tied to my Origin account, I effectively have two copies of the game?

So, if my Alice: Madness Returns was purchased via Steam, and is now also tied to my Origin account, I effectively have two copies of the game?

Is there a user login for that game? If there is, then you just have one copy available from 2 locations.

Back