Origami / finstall, 32-bit, FAILURE - solution

lord_emperor

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
489
I've been bashing my head against thei for the better part of an hour.

Scanario:

32-bit ubuntu desktop with some kind of dual core CPU.
Installing the "supported" way in Ubuntu, through origami or finstall.

Error:

Code:
$ sudo origami install -t 33 -u Lord_Emperor -k ********** -b big -p i386
INSTALLING... PLEASE BE PATIENT
ERROR: STARTUP SCRIPT FAILED TO START!

Code:
$ sudo origami start
starting origami...

['folding' ver. 6.3]

*****@******:~$ Starting up FAH client(s) on 2 processor(s):
Starting FAH client at CPU1...                                  
FAH client #1 startup: OK                                       
Starting FAH client at CPU2...                                  
FAH client #2 startup: OK                                       


Starting of FAH client(s): FAILURE

Solution:

Origami / finstall downloaded and installed 64-bit binaries in spite of 32-bit OS and manually specifying i386 on the install command :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . Manually downloading and replacing fah6 and msiexec resolved the issue.

Google searches were basically useless for this error, as it is the same output as any number of 64-bit users who require an unlisted dependency, so I wanted to get this somewhere and maybe help someone else (and vent some frustration).
 
I, when I was running linux, just downloaded the exe and ran it in the home folder.

Seemed easier than going through all of the finstall stuff and I knew the exe was the correct one.
 
When I was running it on my 32 bit linux box, I had a similar issue. Like Kendrak, I just downloaded the exe and ran it. The problem was that 6.29 and later will only work on 64 bit systems. When I tried 6.23 (hopefully I am remembering the right version #s), it worked perfectly. Before this thread, I didn't even know about the origami/finstall method.
 
Back
Top