• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ordering monitors for Eyefinity what else do I need.

AjFreimuth

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
1,225
So I have this GPU.
http://us.msi.com/product/vga/R7950-TwinFrozr3GD5-OC.html

Planning on buying 3 of these monitors.
http://www.lg.com/us/commercial/lcd-computer-monitors/lg-IPS234V-PN
(even though the website says 14ms response, I have called LG and they have stated that's from the older versions of this monitor and the current version has a 5ms response time. Also confirmed from another review of the monitor.)

What all cable/connectors will I be needing?

Can use 1 DVI output from GPU to one of the monitors.

Do I then need to use the 2 DP outputs and get DP to DVI adapaters?
Can I use 1 of the HDMI ports and then just 1 of the DP ports and an adapter?

Thanks!
 
Save yourself the trouble and get a monitor with a display port. No need to worry about adapters.
 
You can use one monitor on DVI, another on HDMI but the third will need an Active miniDP to DVI

http://www.amazon.com/Active-Mini-Dp-Dvi-Adapter/dp/B004CV9YMI

The monitors should come with a DVI cable so you can get one HDMI cable and the above adapter to make all connections.

I've read (Although was older posts) that using HDMI with Eyefinity created some issues with the monitor using the HDMI? Is this not the case then?

--

Also I would get monitors with DP but that also raises the price a good amount. Specially for a decent one.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
On some cards the DVI and the HDMI share the same ramdac on the card. Idk about this particular model but a lot of them you can't use an HDMI and a DVI at the same time for Eyefinity
 
Good luck with your eyefinity setup. Let us know how it goes!

Will do, I'll have to see how my desk fairs with all 3 on it. Might have to order a mount (Which I plan on doing was just going to wait a bit.)
 
Back
Top