• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ordering headphones...

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
5,078
Ok, i've decided I want to get new headphones. My dad can get Sennheisers wholesale, so i'm going for the HD-595's. How would these cans sound w/o an amp? I'll probably hook them up to the front by of my X-Fi Fatal1ty. Also, it doesn't look like there are any other good brands he deals with, so don't bother recomending others ( unless I can get them for ~160$ online )

Thanks!
 
I like my 595's i just got and they are recommended as an all-around good set of headphones. Everything i've been reading about them suggests you really can't go wrong with them .....
 
How would these cans sound w/o an amp?

You'll notice a difference with an amp, but you'll be just fine without one. HD595's dont really need an amp.

If you want better sound quality though you'd plug them into an Envy24 based sound card or an EMU based soundcard.
 
FaRKle0079 said:
You'll notice a difference with an amp, but you'll be just fine without one. HD595's dont really need an amp.

If you want better sound quality though you'd plug them into an Envy24 based sound card or an EMU based soundcard.

I just bought my X-Fi Fatal1ty so I don't think i'll be switching soundcards anytime soon lol.
 
Sony MDR7506s FTW :cool:. I use these in the studio and as DJing for several years now, and I wont use anything else. Oh, yeah, you can't beat the price either... $100 give or take a few. And also, if you read one of the other numerous threads on headphones, you'll realize I spent a _very_ long time trying several hundred types of headphones (I work in a studio/station, I have these options available to me) and these came out on top. They beat everything that was sub $200 (my price range when I was looking). IMO, they can't be beat :).
 
well I want one of those for my trance... but I think the 595's are much better for all around.. since teh sony's you mentioned to some people the highs are too detailed and bright which may irritate some people..

but the only thing that comes to mind that rivals and beat the HD595's according to a review I read is the Audio-technica's AD700's .. NOT A700... AD700's Open air ones... they are going for 120'ish.
 
I don't think any Envy card (except possibly the Juli@, but I'm not sure even there) would sound better than even the low end X-Fi. X-Fi really isn't a bad sounding card by all accounts, nowhere near as mediocre as the Audigys were.
 
Back
Top