• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ordered the Sennheiser HD 595

threedd97

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
492
I ordered them about 30 minutes ago. Got them for $164 + $20 for overnight shipping. Pretty sweet deal IMO. Can't wait for them to come in. I'm hoping they ship out tomorrow and arrive on Saturday. If not I have to wait until Monday!

Start building that amp for them, Mister X! I'll be ready to order that sometime tomorrow hopefully. I've also recently stumbled across some more money as my friend and I took a little venture capitalist gamble and snagged an xbox 360 core the day they came out and finally sold it on eBay for $600. We were hoping for $900 or so when we first got it (as they were going for around that then). So I still get my $100 for it. I was just the one who happened to run fast enough to get in line for one, but he put up the $$$.
 
I was looking at the go-vibe and I got into an unbiased conversation about it and the one I'm buying with mister x and I just liked the sound of what mister x's will do better. Plus, I have no trouble at all supporting a fellow [H] member.

Thanks for the heads up on what I'm in for. I really cannot wait. I've never ever used a pair of headphones beyond this pair of HD 477s or for that matter anything else over $40.
 
Just got my 595's and my X-Fi platinum today also. Installing everything tonite once i get off work... :D
 
I'll have to wait for Christmas for my X-Fi Platinum :(. Let me know how they sound together and how they work out for you in games if you play them.
 
threedd97 said:
I ordered them about 30 minutes ago. Got them for $164 + $20 for overnight shipping. Pretty sweet deal IMO. Can't wait for them to come in. I'm hoping they ship out tomorrow and arrive on Saturday. If not I have to wait until Monday!

Start building that amp for them, Mister X! I'll be ready to order that sometime tomorrow hopefully. I've also recently stumbled across some more money as my friend and I took a little venture capitalist gamble and snagged an xbox 360 core the day they came out and finally sold it on eBay for $600. We were hoping for $900 or so when we first got it (as they were going for around that then). So I still get my $100 for it. I was just the one who happened to run fast enough to get in line for one, but he put up the $$$.


:eek: nice deal, where did you get them?
 
Comp-U-Plus. They had nearly 4,000 user ratings at 4 out of 5 stars so they can't be that bad. Always skeptical about online sites that sell for considerably less than other, more popular sites (i.e. Newegg, Amazon etc.).
 
Everything sounds so clear on the HD595's to me. The lows mids and highs all have the 5x5 sound signature that has always appealed to me. The sound-stage is actually pretty broad, very nice and open. It is upfront which I like, feels like you are taking a front seat in a show, and it really allows you to enjoy the music. The Go-Vibe was my first venture into headphone amplifiers, unless you count the nasty little cMoy which I made and gave to my friend :p

I'm definately considering building a http://tangentsoft.net/audio/pimeta/ , and if that goes well than I'll build my HD595's a PPAv2 or even a Millet. Keep me posted, I'm dying to hear your initial impressions of your HD595's, especially when you get your amp from Mister X. Just remember, the HD595's keep getting better and better with burn-in :D
 
DIY's look pretty hardcore, but I think it's something really interesting and would be fun to learn to do. I might make an attempt sometime in the future myself, just to see if I could do it and impress some friends and family with my handywork!
 
Didn't have alot of time to use the 595's last night, but what i did hear sounded very clear and nice. Will be doing more gaming tonite so will be able to comment more later on.
Also interested in getting an amp eventually but still not sure what the best one is or where to buy without spending a few hundred dollars. So if anyone has any suggestions or advice, i'd appreciate it.
Got my 595's off ebay for about $165 with 2-day shipping so i think i got a good deal on them. (could have got them cheaper but i went with a good, established seller to be safe)
Anyhow, from what i've listened to so far, i think the X-Fi/595 combo is a winner..... :p
 
Had more time last night and it's getting better and better imho...Can hear footsteps, noises i never even knew were in the games i'm playing. Nice and crisp also. (Can't wait till they burn in... :) )
Everyone is talking about Mister X and his amps. Does he build them alot and if so, is it possible to order one from him or is it just basically a local thing? Any info would be appreciated as i'd like to get an amp as soon as possible.
 
ah ok...will look it up. May i ask what they are listed under? Cmoy?

Thanks
 
Anything amped will improve for the most part...:) my hd212pro's and shure e2c's i notice a huge difference amped and unamped; and both are generally considered efficient cans. <3 mister X
 
Back
Top