• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ordered my eVGA 680i LT... Any comments?

efrie

n00b
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
15
I wasn't getting the performance I wanted with my AMD setup, the 570 chipset wasn't up to par for two 8800 GT's, which was disappointing, especially when I didn't see much of an improvement over my two 8600GTS video cards.

I got the eVGA 680i LT motherboard, Intel E6750 processor and the Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro, I've heard great things about the E6750 and hopefully I'll be able to get a little OC action going with it. Who here owns the 680i model from evga? I'm just curious to see the performance I'll get from it, I'll also have two sticks of Crucial Ballistix installed, 2gb total running at 1066.
 
PRAY and I mean really pray that you get a good 680i mobo. There are some serious issues still with that board. I have had 3 different 680i's and every time its failed its killed the ram and vid cards in the system.
 
Awesome... Hopefully I get a good one, have any of them worked yet? How are they performance wise?
 
I think the "LT" versions of the 680i are mostly all good boards.. it's a revised version of the 680i stripping out most of the unused features leaving the important ones for cpu, mem, and SLI performance.. the cpu vcore onlyy goes to 1.60 volts.. prolly 1.55v with vdroop, but that should be plenty for any normal overclocking.. all in all the LT is a very good board, expecially considering the price.. performance wise you won't notice a difference between this one and a normal 680i until you get into extreme OCing and benching..

I have sort of speculated that the LT is almost like a bug fix from the normal 680i.. anyways.. I think you will be happy with it.
 
Back
Top