Ordered my Barton mobile!

Originally posted by doh-nut
i have an sp-97, arctic silver 5, tornado 92mm fan, and im 36c at full load at 2600mhz at 1.88-1.90v. this is with the mobile 2400-m IQYFA 0343, which isn't doing too well for some people. but so far im stable at 2600 on an nf7-s with bios 21.
Nice,
yours did well man. I'm a bit more limited with my slk800 & smart fan2. I've yet to install direct air ducting to my cpu, but i'll "try" for 2.6ghz when i do get it together. Still debating on ebaying mine and trying a new one though.

Heh, nope, not yet. I'm expecting it early next week. I'll have to wait for quite a while to test the chip too, I'm moving in the next two weeks, and I won't have time to order and build my system until after then. I will be sure to post results though!

Here's my thread on what I'm considering for my new system. I think I'm going to go with a SATA drive, just haven't decided which one yet.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=738535

Originally posted by tesfaye
what kind of Mushkin memory? Prime has been running about 10 hours so far. Im gonna test at 2500+ some more and see what I can get out of this thing now that I am actually awake. I was too freaking tired last night. I'm surprised I didn't screw up the cpu installation.

1 gb Mushkin Black Level II I have one stick of 512 that gets errors at 217 fsb so Im gonna rma the gb pack

Originally posted by blindviper
1 gb Mushkin Black Level II I have one stick of 512 that gets errors at 217 fsb so Im gonna rma the gb pack

Im getting errors above 219fsb at the moment with my level II memory also. hmmm

Originally posted by blindviper

dont RMA it because it doesnt overclock well, thats just lame

Originally posted by diredesire
If it's PC3500, wouldn't that be cause for an RMA?

good point. still it might be something else in the system...memory controller even

Originally posted by kronchev
good point. still it might be something else in the system...memory controller even

nope its the ram I get errors at 217 fsb with both dimms
if I take out the dimm thats bad i get no errors
if I take out the good one and put in the bad one errors
I have a rma number
I spend 300$ on this ram it will do its rated speeds

Still no one has answered the question : What voltage are you guys running your ram on?? Try upping the voltage.

Originally posted by CypHill
Still no one has answered the question : What voltage are you guys running your ram on?? Try upping the voltage.
Yea winbond ram modules are voltage hungry. Although i do think blindviper is smart enough to attempt voltage adjustments. It does sound like he got a bum stick of mushkin

Back