Ordered my Barton mobile!

superwilly

n00b
Yup, just ordered a 2500+ mobile from Vibe Computers in Canada. I haven't have time to research the other components for my new system. I don't want to go all out - it's all about bang for my buck.

I need recommendations for: Motherboard (I want to be able to push the Barton), Ram (Just don't want it to be a hindrance), and Video (Prefer ATI, need middle of the road recommondation - like to know my best choice for around $200 US).

Thanks for your help guys!

DOH

the 2500+-m OC like crap. the 2400+-m are the good ones.

maybe youll get lucky? my 2400+ is 2.4 at 1.8 stable, but I got a bad stepping for no reason. the good stepping has gone to 3.0 ghz at 2.2v :eek:

oh yeh, recommendations:

board: DFI lanparty. best socket A board
vid card: radeon 9600 or better
ram: not sure, but you definatly want 2x512 at least 3500 for OCIng ;)

also what cooler are you using?

Thanks for the sympathy on the 2500+. It was my only option for all three online retailers from Canada, so I had no choice.

Geez, if forgot - I need cooler/fan recommendations as well! I don't want this thing to sound like a 747, but if I can get a decent overclock and keep my temps under 40C I'm happy, right?

Originally posted by superwilly
Thanks for the sympathy on the 2500+. It was my only option for all three online retailers from Canada, so I had no choice.

Geez, if forgot - I need cooler/fan recommendations as well! I don't want this thing to sound like a 747, but if I can get a decent overclock and keep my temps under 40C I'm happy, right?

zalman 7000 AlCu or Cu..the Cu gets a degree or two C less but its $10 more and nearly twice the weight...

Hey, the DFI Lanparty is pretty pricey. I don't doubt it the best, but what's a more reasonable priced alternative?

Originally posted by kronchev
DOH

My 2500+ M is running at 2.5 stable on 1.7v

I wouldn't say it OC's like crap.

Kronchev, why would you have recommended the Lanparty when the Infinity is basically the same thing but w/o the extra Lan and the pretty colors? Remember I'm after bang for my buck! :)

Sup yall. I hope life is treating everyone good.

My 2500+ M is running at 2.5 stable on 1.7v

Phew, I was getting nervous there. I ordered a 2500+-M yesterday from Newegg. I just have to see what I can do with it. My real goal is to see how far I can push the chip then find out har far it will go before going past 1.75 volts. At that point I can run my fans at a low speed while Im browsing the web. My case isn't that loud but I want it as quiet as possible.

ocforums.com has an ongoing thread that plainly indicates plenty of people have got their 2500+M's up past 2.5 and prime-stable

So whats the deal with these 2.4M's oc'ing very well? This is like the only place so far that I have read that.

9800PROs are going for $212 at newegg.com (don't forget to link to them from the above banner)

Originally posted by kllrnohj
9800PROs are going for $212 at newegg.com (don't forget to link to them from the above banner)

agreed, 5900 series goes for around that too, but you can't really beat a 9.8kpro for 212 ;D

The 5.9k and the 9.8k both squash the 9600 series hands down. Not even really a hard decision to make ;D

From what I've heard, the main reason why the 2400+'s are better is because they're cheaper, and will OC to about the same level as the 2500+.

I have no problem cooling down 1.85v though, I just wish my motherboard could do more. I'll be ordering my 2500+-m this weekend :p

DFI Infinity is the same board as the lan party minus a few features... same voltage options, etc... ~$90

I got a 2500+M, didn't get the stepping I wanted... but it still overclocks well.. 2.4ghz 1.75v-1.8v

When I get it burned in, I hope it will do 2.5 or 2.6 at decent voltages...

Good luck man... let us know how yours does.

DOH

wtf? you got a crap chip dude

i have a XP-M 2500 in one system chuggin @ 400FSB 2.7GHz 1.85v

a XP-M 2600 @ 400FSB 2.6GHz 1.75v

and a XP 2800 @ 400FSB 2.6GHz 1.8v

:D

DOH

maybe youll get lucky? my 2400+ is 2.4 at 1.8 stable, but I got a bad stepping for no reason. the good stepping has gone to 3.0 ghz at 2.2v :eek:

WTF are you talking about?? My mobile 2500+ is at 2.5Ghz @ 1.7v ON AIR. STOP TALKING SHIT. Even some 2400+ can't overclock past 2.3Ghz. It is still the luck of the draw. But be sure almost all (2400+ or 2500+ mobiles) will clock over 2.2Ghz.

Originally posted by CypHill
WTF are you talking about?? My mobile 2500+ is at 2.5Ghz @ 1.7v ON AIR. STOP TALKING SHIT. Even some 2400+ can't overclock past 2.3Ghz. It is still the luck of the draw. But be sure almost all (2400+ or 2500+ mobiles) will clock over 2.2Ghz.

mines on air too, 105 full load prime 95...maybe it just needs to be broken in, maybe its something else, I really dont know. the biggest problem is I cant set the multi higher than 12.5x for some reason. all Im saying is that from whats BEEN POSTED ON THE FORUM, ive seen a lot of "my 2400+-m kicks ass!" and "my 2500+-m is getting shit for OC"

Well, wish me luck guys. My chip is with fedex in Newark and Im in Staten Island so I should have it tomorrow. I can't wait to try this chip out even though I get decent overclocks with my Barton already. <Dreams of a 2.4ghz OC at 1.7v>

Originally posted by tesfaye
Well, wish me luck guys. My chip is with fedex in Newark and Im in Staten Island so I should have it tomorrow. I can't wait to try this chip out even though I get decent overclocks with my Barton already. <Dreams of a 2.4ghz OC at 1.7v>
Be sure to write down the exact stepping code and post some results for us please :)

Originally posted by SJetski71
Be sure to write down the exact stepping code and post some results for us please :)

Most definately! I'll know tonight. It's on it's way to my house. I need an excuse to leave work early today. :D

Most definately! I'll know tonight. It's on it's way to my house. I need an excuse to leave work early today. :D

fun fun, hope it lives up to your expectations and doesn't crush your dreams (like my 2200 did, *sigh* - got a 2500 tho now)

Mine goes to 2.9, but gets too hot. Backed it down to 2.71 and I get decent temps.

Originally posted by TheGamerZ
Mine goes to 2.9, but gets too hot. Backed it down to 2.71 and I get decent temps.

what stepping and voltage? mine wasnt stable at >2400, 1.8 volts...at 12x200 @ 1.8 its completly stable with 105 full load, but any higher freq and it craps out...

what stepping and voltage? mine wasnt stable at >2400, 1.8 volts...at 12x200 @ 1.8 its completly stable with 105 full load, but any higher freq and it craps out...

i hope that 105 is F, not C? otherwise, you could have some BIG problems :p

i just set up my non mobile 2600+ and im running at 2.4ghz..

so if i cant get 2.6-2.8 out of a mobile I have no reason to buy a new processor

btw im air cooled.

I love these dang mobile chips. Just got home from running prime to burn in my comp for awhile to see if I can get this 2400-M any further. Right now I'm at 2.3ghz rock solid at 1.68vcore :O :O :O I'm hoping to have or attempt to get to 2.6 or higher by Monday. I'm on water if anyone is currious. Best $77 I've spent in a while :D

Originally posted by Swat
I love these dang mobile chips. Just got home from running prime to burn in my comp for awhile to see if I can get this 2400-M any further. Right now I'm at 2.3ghz rock solid at 1.68vcore :O :O :O I'm hoping to have or attempt to get to 2.6 or higher by Monday. I'm on water if anyone is currious. Best $77 I've spent in a while :D

lol - good bargain

Wish me luck guys! This is the info off of the chip I got today. Time to see what it can do!

AXMH2500FQQ4C
IQYHA0407VPMW

i'd look into getting a mobile chip if it weren't for a few things:

1) i need to upgrade my linux box (celeron 400 can't handle slackware 9 very well anymore...) the flash speed is total crap on it i.e. the newegg banner is jerky.

2) i'm too broke to buy a new mobo+proc+psu for my linux box as well as mobile proc

3) i have a rev1 a7n8x dlx, so it isn't going anywhere good oc-wise. i can get ALMOST 2 ghz out of my 2100+ paly with watercooling on it, but i need more volts to do 2ghz anywhere near stable

good luck with your 2500+ mobile though.

[email protected]=fail
[email protected]=Prime95 Failed

Something to keep in mind is that a mobile barton can handle higher voltages probably just as well, if not better, than a regular barton, as long as you have regular barton-style cooling on them. If you were running laptop quality cooling, then you'd have something to worry about. But cranking the voltage up to 1.85v isn't going to hurt anything as long as you can cool it. Mobile bartons are designed to run cooler and use less power, which is why they overclock so well; they don't generate as much heat, and they take less power to reach the same clock speeds, so overvolting a barton M to 1.85v is somewhat like overvoling a regular barton to 2.05v. As long as your temps are good, crank that voltage! :D

I can run prime95 at [email protected] and it fails during the first run but I can browse and do other stuff. Not that useful. So, right now [email protected] is where its running stable I'm going to try this chip in my other rig that has an nf7s mobo and corsair 1gig pc3200ll pro memory in an enermax case that gets better temps than the wave master Im using. maybe lower temps is what it needs to be stable at 2.6ghz.

i have an sp-97, arctic silver 5, tornado 92mm fan, and im 36c at full load at 2600mhz at 1.88-1.90v. this is with the mobile 2400-m IQYFA 0343, which isn't doing too well for some people. but so far im stable at 2600 on an nf7-s with bios 21.

I dont think this chip is doing so well. Its taking 1.76v(according to uGuru) to keep this thing stable. The good news is that in the coolermaster case the peak temp is 53c. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by blindviper
priming away at 2500 at 1.8
its gonna go real high once I get my mushking back :)

what kind of Mushkin memory? Prime has been running about 10 hours so far. Im gonna test at 2500+ some more and see what I can get out of this thing now that I am actually awake. I was too freaking tired last night. I'm surprised I didn't screw up the cpu installation.

what kind of Mushkin memory? Prime has been running about 10 hours so far. Im gonna test at 2500+ some more and see what I can get out of this thing now that I am actually awake. I was too freaking tired last night. I'm surprised I didn't screw up the cpu installation.

yeah, we all know CPU installs are soo hard too, takes like what, 5-10min? :rolleyes:

Back