Ordered A Samsung 206BW. Did I Made The Rught Choice.

kage

n00b
A few days ago I ordered the Samsung 206BW widescreen monitor from newegg.com to replace my Viewsonic VX900-2 LCD screen, because I couldn't find the 206bw locally, the only place that I could find it is at Circuit City which they are charging over $300 with tax and with no rebate and newegg.com had the best price on it. I never had a Samsung LCD monitor, so I have a few questions on it.
1. Does 206BW have the same panel lottery like the 226BW with the A, S, or C panels? If so, what panel is common for the 206BW? and is it any good?
2. How common is it that Samsung monitors have dead or stuck pixels?
3. If I get a dead pixel or stuck pixel, I can't return it to newegg. Is there a way to get an exchange from newegg? If not, does a person buy a monitor with a dead or stuck pixel on ebay?
4. How reliable are Samsung LCD screens?
5. If you have this monitor or its 22" version do you like it?
6. If I open the box up, and don't like the 206BW, I can't return to newegg. I will probably ebay it. What is a very good brand that has a 20" widescreen monitor for under $260?

1. I believe it does have the same panel lottery, I have heard of both S and A but not C.
2 & 3. In Australia samsung has a zero defective pixels for 7 days policy then up to 2 defective pixels for 3 years, in the states it might be different.
4. Samsung are a major manufacturer and a high end one at that, although I couldnt say what their actual defect rates are, check www.behardware.com.
5. I had a 226bw C panel, I thought it was miserable, returned it. (crappy viewing angles/colors)
6. I beleive if you order online there are laws protecting the consumer that allow you to return the product within 7 days ? Otherwise I would recommend a Viewsonic vx2025wm.

you should have gone for the hp w2007 i ordered the sammy 206bw but when i saw the hp w2007 i cancelled the sammy and got this.better monitor all round.

I received the Samsung 206bw today from newegg.com and I got the A panel version. The A panel version is not a bad panel and I do not like it at all. The reason that I do not like it is the colors on the screen are not to me liking even after calibrating the screen, the colors were a little wash out. I went to Circuit City today and I saw the HP w2007 on display and I liked the screen better than my 206bw screen and the 206bw they had on display. Out of curiousity, I checked out the 206bw panel that Circuit City had on display and it was the S panel. I wish I could return my Samsung 206bw back to newegg.com, but their return policy states the LCD monitors are not refundable and only could be exchanged if it is defective. In a few days, I am going put the Samsung 206bw on ebay.

Anyway, I ordered the HP w2007 from HP's website with free 2 day delivery, so I am expecting to arrive on Thursday.

It could be worthwhile ringing newegg and moaning over the phone at them anyway, they might have some kindly customer service staff.

It could be worthwhile ringing newegg and moaning over the phone at them anyway, they might have some kindly customer service staff.
I tried that and they won't let me return the 206bw. They said that they are firm on their return policy. Time to put the 206bw on ebay.

Back