DangerIsGo
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Apr 16, 2005
- Messages
- 3,000
I just got a 146 CABYE core Opty and started to OC it. This is what I have set in BIOS:
VCore 1.55
VDIMM: 2.7
FSB: 280
Multiplier: x10
HTT: x3
DIMM settings:
Memory Clock: 266MHz
3-3-3-6
1T
This is what CBID and CPUz show as far as speeds and volts go:
Both read 1.6 even though I set in the BIOS as 1.55v
My memory is around 173 and when I do a 300FSB, my RAM is doing 200 so I figure im running a 3:2 divider. Now, The max Ive gotten was this but If I go higher to 2.85+, windows boots (or if in windows, it stays there) but prime doesnt run after a minute..error. And If i do a FSB to 300, windows either doesnt boot, or BSOD while in windows. Using clockgen (not actually setting the settings) was how I was able to figure out if I ran a 300 FSB that I woul dhave 200 MHZ on RAM. Once I click that button, BSOD. I know this chip can go higher than that and Im wondering what is holding me back? Is it my board? I think it is but im not sure. Or is it my RAM or RAM/board? Im gonna be getting the SLI-DR Expert and 1GB Ballistix (1 stick) soon and was curious if my speeds will be higher with that board/ram? Thanks.
VCore 1.55
VDIMM: 2.7
FSB: 280
Multiplier: x10
HTT: x3
DIMM settings:
Memory Clock: 266MHz
3-3-3-6
1T
This is what CBID and CPUz show as far as speeds and volts go:
Both read 1.6 even though I set in the BIOS as 1.55v
My memory is around 173 and when I do a 300FSB, my RAM is doing 200 so I figure im running a 3:2 divider. Now, The max Ive gotten was this but If I go higher to 2.85+, windows boots (or if in windows, it stays there) but prime doesnt run after a minute..error. And If i do a FSB to 300, windows either doesnt boot, or BSOD while in windows. Using clockgen (not actually setting the settings) was how I was able to figure out if I ran a 300 FSB that I woul dhave 200 MHZ on RAM. Once I click that button, BSOD. I know this chip can go higher than that and Im wondering what is holding me back? Is it my board? I think it is but im not sure. Or is it my RAM or RAM/board? Im gonna be getting the SLI-DR Expert and 1GB Ballistix (1 stick) soon and was curious if my speeds will be higher with that board/ram? Thanks.