Dr.GreenThumb
n00b
- Joined
- Nov 24, 2007
- Messages
- 30
Hey fellas, quick question, Im going to be building a new system soon. Right now Im looking at running a Q6600 in a GA-X38-DQ6, but am unsure of the best RAM to use with that mobo. If I had to order everything today I would order G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231145
I am going to aim for a max OC of 7 x 550 Mhz FSB with CAS Lat. timings of 4 or 5. I most likely wont achieve that OC, but I feel like DDR2-1000 or 1150 are my best choices cuz I plan on obtaining as much power from my components as possible. I really do not want my memory holding me back. One question I have is whether I should go with 4x1GB or 2x2GB, I am leaning towards a 2x2GB setup.
Im also hoping my cooling is adequate, Im getting an ultra120 extreme combined with a noctua nf-p12 120mm fan (http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=p...s_id=14&lng=en) and 5 noctua nf-s12-1200 120mm. As you can tell im also going for a quiet rig.
Anyone know what the best memory is for a GA-X38-DQ6 and does my plan sound possible?
THANKS!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231145
I am going to aim for a max OC of 7 x 550 Mhz FSB with CAS Lat. timings of 4 or 5. I most likely wont achieve that OC, but I feel like DDR2-1000 or 1150 are my best choices cuz I plan on obtaining as much power from my components as possible. I really do not want my memory holding me back. One question I have is whether I should go with 4x1GB or 2x2GB, I am leaning towards a 2x2GB setup.
Im also hoping my cooling is adequate, Im getting an ultra120 extreme combined with a noctua nf-p12 120mm fan (http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=p...s_id=14&lng=en) and 5 noctua nf-s12-1200 120mm. As you can tell im also going for a quiet rig.
Anyone know what the best memory is for a GA-X38-DQ6 and does my plan sound possible?
THANKS!