• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Optical Splitter

pcrdk

n00b
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
2
Hi I recently purchased two 35ft optical cables from mono price plus a splitter. I want to use these cables to run from my PC to two Logitech z-5500 speakers. currently only one set of speakers will work under the splitter. If I wire from either set of speakers right to the sound card they work. Is there some setting i would have to set to make both sets work at the same time? Or is it possible for the wires to be too long for the sound card to power both?
 
I think you need an optical repeater of some sort. Either that, or try optical for one and coaxial for the other.
 
Ok, I'll try to clear up the situation and maybe being a little more specific will help. There are two sets up Logitech z-5500 speakers in two different rooms. I have a Creative 70SB088000004 sound card (can be found here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...24&cm_re=creative_x-fi-_-29-102-024-_-Product). I just want to know if there is any way possible to replicate the signal and generate sound simultaneously on both sets of speakers.
 
Back
Top