• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Optical out

SithSolo1

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 24, 2001
Messages
1,205
So....I got my new system all slapped together and I'm pluggin in the cables and suddenly I realize the mobo I got doesn't have an optical out for the onboard audio. :eek: I'm trying to connect it to my receiver and right now I'm stuck using a 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable. Would a spdif bracket be what I need?

Mobo:
MSI 785GM-P45

Receiver:
Panasonic SA-XR10
 
There is SPDIF out on the board. Look for it and then either make or get a bracket for optical or coaxial SPDIF.
 
There is SPDIF out on the board. Look for it and then either make or get a bracket for optical or coaxial SPDIF.

Ok thanks

I did a quick search and couldn't find if that mobo even supports it (spdif). Something like this should work for what you're trying to do though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102023

Yeah I didn't find much either till I checked the other regional MSI sites. It appears to be an EU board only sold by Microcenter in the US.
 
Back
Top