Hello-
I have fairly cheap 5.1 surround sound, and it doesn't even have the optical input.
Surround sound works from my desktop PC with surround sound, but my console is out of luck. There's no way I can get true surround sound from it because my surround sound has no optical input. As a result, I end up with a left channel, right channel, and an emulated central one. The subwoofer works, but the two rear speakers don't make any sound.
Is there any sort of device, USB perhaps, that'd take the optical output from my Xbox 360, and have the PC run the sound for it, so that I'd have surround sound?
Thank you!
I have fairly cheap 5.1 surround sound, and it doesn't even have the optical input.
Surround sound works from my desktop PC with surround sound, but my console is out of luck. There's no way I can get true surround sound from it because my surround sound has no optical input. As a result, I end up with a left channel, right channel, and an emulated central one. The subwoofer works, but the two rear speakers don't make any sound.
Is there any sort of device, USB perhaps, that'd take the optical output from my Xbox 360, and have the PC run the sound for it, so that I'd have surround sound?
Thank you!