• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Optical/Flash Based OS for Overclocking

Vette5885

Gawd
Joined
Apr 12, 2005
Messages
629
I know that there was a Linux CD distro called Overclockix, but development seems to have ceased. Is there anything like that today? I'm really looking for a distro of Linux to boot off of CD (so I can't possibly mess it up, plus I can bypass Windows and not have to keep waking up/turning off my HDD as I change BIOS settings) that can monitor overclocks. voltages, and temperatures, plus stress test? I'm primarily looking for this to overclock my CPU, but tools for overclocking a video card would be nice too.

Such a tool would be priceless to the overclocking community.
 
Ultimate Boot CD.
This contains IIRC 3 linuxes, 3 DOSes, Novell Netware and about 100 billion hardware utilities for installing, overclocking, testing and fixing your box. So good that it is often sold for high prices on ebay to dumbasses who don't realise it's a free download.
There's also an Ultimate Windows Boot CD, but you need an XP or Vista box to build it from (as it copies parts of Windows onto the CD).
 
Thread resurrection. I'm currently using Ultimate Boot CD to run Prime 95, however this seems to be a single core stress test. Is there a bootable ISO out there that will stress all four cores with a newer version of prime 95?

Would be great to have a tool that doesn't require booting into Windows, which could easily introduce corruption from Windows crashing on an unstable overclock.
 
Back
Top