• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Optical Audio Multi Port and HDMI?

Aardvarck

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
231
Hello all,

I currently have an Xbox 360, a PS3 and a PC that all have optical audio outputs. However, my Logitech z5500's control unit only has one optical audio input. Is there such a thing as a multiple optical audio unit that would support all three devices to plug into one receiver?

Also, can you guys recommend a good mutli HDMI unit as well? Nothing too expensive, looking in the $50 range, if possible.

Thanks in advance.
 
Wow, I just logged in to post almost the exact same issue. I have a cable box, tv, wii, and my pc. That i'd like to hook up to a reciever, but also have the z5500, plus a new pair of senhieser surround wireless headphones. I've been trying to find some sort of reciever or input/output box that can pass in all the audio and output to [prefferably] an optical/coax AND a regular l/r rca, but I can't seem to find anything.
 
I've yet to actually see an HDMI *and* optical on the same device as a switcher, excepting an A/V receiver

basically what this thread wants is a proper A/V receiver that handles HDMI audio and the like, something like the Yamaha RX-V565 or V665 should do that just fine

as far as optical switches, either the thing mangamonster linked, or check monoprice, they should have that cheap A/B/C optical switch (was like $15) still, HDMI switch wise, its basicaly the same thing manga linked, except it has HDMI ports and not TOS ports

if HDCP wasn't an issue, you could probably use the thing manga linked to run YPbPr 1080p24 + TOS on 3 inputs
 
Back
Top