Opteron mutipliers

peacetilence

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
2,343
I have some interest in purchasing a dual core opteron but at the moment my motherboard and memory are a bit weak for oc'ing and I don't really have any interest in spending more money to replace them. What are the multipliers on these dual core opterons? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere this mobo flakes out at frequencies above 270. I think I would need atleast 10x or 11x for a decent oc.
 
Figuring out the multiplier is easy. Just look at the CPU speed...

2.0GHz = 200MHz FSB x 10
2.2GHz = 200MHz FSB x 11
2.4GHz = 200MHz FSB x 12

And so on... though I think 2.4 is the highest dual opteron, the other difference is just in the l2 cache size.
 
Opteron 165 1.8Ghz 9x
Opteron 170 2.0Ghz 10x
Opteron 175 2.2Ghz 11x
Opteron 180 2.4Ghz 12x
 
well you're best bet would be the 170 then as the dual cores generally overclock to around 2.7 so 270 x 10 would be perfect.
 
Back
Top