Opteron AM2 Style

noobtech

2[H]4U
When is the Opteron AM2's coming out and when will the price drops affect Optys? Thats nuts that you can get a X2 4800+ for ~ Opty 165... remember when 4800's were double? LoL

Nooooo!!! I guess AMD Learned not to have the same socket type? :-( We will be forced to jump on Socket F instead of AM2. *sniff*

I know the 2XXX and 8XXX Opterons will be F.. But from what I understood, 1XXX Opterons will be AM2, and come shortly after the Socket F launch... Actually, you might see 2XXX Opterons with 4X4.. Who knows..

haha. amd took a BIG hit with its x2 sales when everyone figured out optys were the way to go. i guess this is their way of getting the upper hand again.

mpcamer1220 said:
But from what I understood, 1XXX Opterons will be AM2
correct! another reason why the phasing out of 2x1mb a64's isn't so bad :p

blazin-asian said:
haha. amd took a BIG hit with its x2 sales when everyone figured out optys were the way to go. i guess this is their way of getting the upper hand again.

But most x2's overclocked better than the opterons. When the Opty's where cheaper, sure it made more since, and 2x1mb l2 was nice.

Now on the single core front, when they were first released, and the 144's were hitting 3ghz (CABNE's) for $150 compared to the $1000 FX57, there was a huge hit with the enthusiast market.

It says that it is Temporarily Sold Out.

Which leads me to believe, that they never did have them in the first place.. I don't expect to see them until Socket F launches, but whatever..

temporalwar said:
I'm assuming this a Duel Core
just nitpicking, but dual core ;)

and yes, it is. if amd sells any single core am2 opterons, they will most likely be labeled as 11xx instead of 12xx

Back