Opteron 165 @ Mwave.com - $265.05 + shipping

undef

Weaksauce
I ordered my first Opteron 165 from Monarch before the coupons changed. Now that the coupons are lower, I started looking for better deals on future processor purchases (friends want Opty 165 as well). Found this on Mwave.com

Opteron 165 new w/ 30 day warranty

I don't work for Mwave, and I haven't ordered from them before but I have a couple friends who have and didn't have any complaints.

Lastly, this is in the "Refurbished" section of their site, but the item description has it listed as new w/ 30 day warranty (OEM). The boxed processor is $20 more, so it appears to be a clearance not a refurb. As always, YMMV and caveat emptor.

I use to buy from Mwave. (they are about 1hour from me)

Here are some things a consumer may want to consider.

Items usually ship 36-72 hours have they are ordered. (slow imho)

Rma process is horribly slow.

Besides that, prices is on the level.

Considering it took Monarch 4 days to ship (just to ship, not to deliver) my Opteron 165, I don't know that 36 - 72 hours is so bad. RMA on the other hand is something to be concerned with :)

undef said:
Considering it took Monarch 4 days to ship (just to ship, not to deliver) my Opteron 165, I don't know that 36 - 72 hours is so bad. RMA on the other hand is something to be concerned with :)

The difference was Monarch was selling a New Opteron 165 for $267(60day warranty), Mwave is selling a refurb Opteron 165 for $275(30day).

You can obviously slight expect delays, when a company sells an item alot cheaper then other retailers.

It comes down to, whether you can wait a day or two, and save the money.

Back to topic..
Rma was horrible had to drive out twice. Refund took ~3-4 weeks.

The description clearly states New. Although it is not in the New section, I would think that a customer would be within their rights to expect/demand a new chip as the desc. states. Also, the price is $265 ($2 cheaper than Monarch) + shipping (Monarch charges shipping as well).

Like I said, I haven't purchased from Mwave. One of my closest friends built his last two systems buying parts only from Mwave and had no problems, but YMMV on that.

dang that's a good deal.... i'd consider getting it, but i already got one from monarch. i trust mwave. they old school. much like newegg just not that automated. i got a good $10 off your next order for taking a servey. i'm happy with the service they gave. got me my 7600gt within 3 business days, and i live in oregon. maybe i should sell this 610ccbbe and see what wonderful chip mwave is shippin eh? hehe. ;p riiiiiiight... anyone buy one yet?

tax in california and shipping brings a little over $290 for me. Still good, I'd order if someone can post their steppings from mwave.

Of course I totally would just do local pickup. I haven't shopped at Mwave for a while, but back about 4 years ago when they were second to none, I used to do local pickup with them all the time.

amd ati FO SHO said:
The difference was Monarch was selling a New Opteron 165 for $267(60day warranty), Mwave is selling a refurb Opteron 165 for $275(30day).

I hear what you're saying and an extra 30-day warranty is a plus for any purchase, but I have doubts as to whether the "good" coupons for 165's from Monarch are ever going to make a comeback. Current price for 165 from Monarch sits at 337.67-20.00=317.67 for you comparison shoppers out there.

amd ati FO SHO said:
I use to buy from Mwave. (they are about 1hour from me)

Here are some things a consumer may want to consider.

Items usually ship 36-72 hours have they are ordered. (slow imho)

Rma process is horribly slow.

Besides that, prices is on the level.

Strange, I ordered a Plantronics Bluetooth Headset from them a month ago at7:30am and it was on the FedEx truck at 11am. I've had nothing but extremely fast process times from Mwave.

Back