opt 165 stuck at 2.4

FrozenOver2

Limp Gawd
I have been ocing this opteron for a while now, I cannot get it past 2.4 ghz but I think its capable.

The system specs are:
Opteron 165 Toledo CCBWE 0607UPBW with stock heatsink (soon to be dangerden)
Asrock Dual Sata-2 939 with bios rev 2.2
1Gb Giel PC4000 @ 2.5-4-4-6-10 @ 171 freq
Antec 420 true power (enough)
Ati X800 pro AGp (soon to be X1900XTX)
36gb Raptor raid 0 64bit

I am wondering if I need a bigger power supply or possibly better ram?

Isn't there a problem with 266mhz HTT on that board?

Try a modded BIOS.

If that doesn't work, I'd upgrade that PSU, I personally don't like low wattage PSUs.

ALright sorry for the slow reply but I just added some new hardware. I added a XFX 520m 7950GX2, then after that a 550w Antec truepower psu and a couple pci blower fans. Lets just say the card worked good for the first 4 days but all it has seemed to be doing latly is get really freakin hot. Apps and games often crash, there is also artifacting most noticiably the mouse is a square box lol. The new 91.33 driver has seemed to fix all but the random app crashing. I scored a 7763 with the proc at 2.4 and the gpu at stock in 3dmark06 so its about right performance wise.

MY OC settings are::
FSB 266x9 = about 2.4
volt is at 1.4
PCIE @ 100mhz
cpu to northbridge = 800mhz
data path set to 16bit for both cpu to north and north to south

If I push it over it fails to post or crashes (00000000x7e stop errors during boot). The system seems to be putting out alot of heat since I upgraded to the 7950. Gaming sessions at end temp are around 72c and the proc is around 46c. I am wondering if the northbridge heatsink is the problem its a passive but large aluminum fin design. I am also wondering if the Asrock board I am using is decent or should i ditch it for a better one, I would like to use this money for another gig of ram though. What do u guys think?

I do believe that is the manu. imposed FSB limit... There's a beta bios floating around :).

Back