Opinions

Syrnix

Limp Gawd
I am upgrading my computer and these are the components I am thinking about getting.

Copmuter upgrade

The amount I am spending is the max I can go. Are these components the best I can get for the money? I am installing win XP pro and Win XP64.

I am using my computer for music recording, gaming and school.

Any comments or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. will that stuff give me the same performance as the ones i pick. and is the ram just as fast.

The Ram will be just as fast, compatible and everything. You couldnt tell a difference between PC3200 and PC4000 when your running stock speeds. When (if) you decide to overclock however you can have the confidence of knowing the ram is rated at a certain speed and that you can set it there without worrying if voiding the warrenty amung other things like you would with PC3200. That price is really a steal!

As for performance, I think you'll see quite a nice increase and you wont have to worry about buying a new mobo when you want to upgrade the proc. check this out http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/200/9

Good luck..

for cpu try opteron 146, same clock speed, bigger cache by 512, cheaper by $30-$40

thanks dchrsf for the info and links.

rysher i was looking at newegg.com for the opteron 146 and it was a lot more can you give me a link to where you saw it cheaper.

Back