• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Opinions on temps please.

Draco-1

n00b
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
17
So, been out of the game for a while (almost 4 years). So I'm not current on what is acceptable in regards to temps. I just built a new system that will hopefully last me another long while.

My build:

i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz (44x100)
Corsair H50 liquid cooler
Asus Sabertooth P67 mobo
16G (4x4G) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600
Corsair 128G SSD
2x eVGA GTX 570
Antec 1000X Quattro
Antec DF-35 case

Now I know I can't expect true water-cooling temps, but I am hoping for better than stock air cooling. As I type this, I have Prime95 running on the high-heat torture test and my temps are:
64 68 67 65

Now, it used to be that 60C was the point to shut a system down. But I'm reading threads where people are saying anything under 80C is ok with a 2600K. So how do my temps look? Am I OK? Should I be worried? Is the H50 working properly?

Thanks for any help/opinions.
 
Your temps are good. 80c has been the start of the upper limit for a while.
 
Use LinX or IBT (IBT uses LinX). 100C is the upper limit on Intel processors, has been for a while (not 80 as stated above). 80, however, is usually recommended as the maximum safe temp for 24/7 operation.

The Phenom II's are the ones with the 60C safe limit.
 
dont worry about prime temps as no game / anything other then folding will run it at 100 percent for that long
 
dont worry about prime temps as no game / anything other then folding will run it at 100 percent for that long

+1

I yet have to find a single program that runs the CPU all the way to 100 for a long period of time.

Oh wait I can when windows freezes it stays at 100CPu thinking DOh! lol
 
Back
Top