• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Opinions on reusing this SSD

dar124

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 21, 2012
Messages
2,309
I've got an older small Asus netbook type laptop that I'm going to start using again as a mobile device. I picked up a 2GB stick of RAM (the max for this machine) and was looking to buy a small SSD for it. But I came across a SSD that I had previously removed from an old desktop PC that I had. From the SSD Life and Crystal Disk info it looks like the drive is ok, but I'm not really familiar with the info they give. So I'm posting here to get any opinions on the drive.

Also it is a OCZ Agility 4 SSD, so I'd also be open to opinions on that brand, etc of drives. I can pick up a smaller Samsung SSD on eBay for around $40, so it's not that big of a deal, but if it is a decent drive and I can reuse it and save the $40 I might as well!!! Thanks in advance.


30482031312_22aac8e7af_z.jpg




29965099093_cefb121041_z.jpg




30482031122_f2d85445b2_b.jpg[
 
I wouldn't spend $40 on a netbook, so I say re-use.

Looks like normal retired SSD blocks.

Try downloading HDSentinel, it's pretty good about breaking vendor-specific SMART values into lay terms.
 
Back
Top