Opinions on buyer /motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He agreed to send the board back to me for testing, and now refuses to, and he also doesn't want to file a claim with Paypal, so that's pretty self explanatory.

I appreciate all the support fellas,

Been a real downer having this happen, but you all have helped smooth out the ride, and that I commend you all on.

Josh

I wouldn't let it get to you. I deal with people like this some time. The kind you have to just walk away shaking your head... some people I just don't understand.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was some kid who was having second thoughts and trying to get money back from you... for whatever reason you'd give it back.:rolleyes:

Since I'm here, if I bought something from you that was bad and wanted my money back, I'd ship it back to you and still leave negative feedback, but still include the fact you gave me a refund... other wise, what's the point in having to pay $150+ on a neg feedback?

Since I'm here, if I bought something from you that was bad and wanted my money back, I'd ship it back to you and still leave negative feedback, but still include the fact you gave me a refund... other wise, what's the point in having to pay $150+ on a neg feedback?
So you would leave a neg if something got damaged in shipping and you got a refund?

DNT list +1

So you would leave a neg if something got damaged in shipping and you got a refund?

DNT list +1

Not at all. If a box was unreasonably damaged, a. I wouldn't accept it, b. I would have no problem waiting a few weeks for the shipper to cover it. Been there, done that.

I meant, if I thought something was reasonably packed and not functioning as it was described... and it was totally a theoretical senario.

Not at all. If a box was unreasonably damaged, a. I wouldn't accept it, b. I would have no problem waiting a few weeks for the shipper to cover it. Been there, done that.

I meant, if I thought something was reasonably packed and not functioning as it was described... and it was totally a theoretical senario.

That's still really unreasonable to leave a negative eval for. If I got a full refund (including return shipping) I'd still leave a positive.

That's still really unreasonable to leave a negative eval for. If I got a full refund (including return shipping) I'd still leave a positive.

...Getting off topic here, but If I bought something that was advertised as working, and it was not working when I got it (not due to unforseen circumstances), then the person I was buying from lied... unless he just didn't test it, but it should still be his responsibility to do this, and should not be trusted. *I* would never do this. Once the refund was given, that only protects the fraudulent seller from any prosecution... however, he still lied, so negative feedback is just, IMO.

Anybody not willing to do this to make a guaranteed-good-sale, is not a good seller/trader and I would definately avoid him.

The OP does, however, sound like a reasonable guy... only being able to hear one side of this story (not to discredit him in the least).

Back on topic a bit, and I know the comments weren't directed towards me, but I have posted the emails from him and you can also look at my Heat to see what he say's, even though he twisted the truth saying he asked for the receipt so I could send it to him so he could get an RMA, the way it went down is he told me to refund him and I can take care of the RMA for myself.

All one has to do is read what I posted from his emails, then ask why he refuses to send me back the board after we agreed that is what would happen, and then he will not file a claim with paypal.

The answer is clear as day ;) but if anyone would have some sort of reason for his behavior, I'd love to hear it.

Edit: I'll be more than happy to answer anyone's questions if there is an ounce of doubt on what happened.

I really don't know what this guy is trying to pull... (not you OP, the buyer of your board).
His behavior just throws up all the red flags. I find it extremely strange that he won't even file a claim with paypal... unless he believes that he'll lose the claim.. though from my understanding, paypal usually sides with the buyer and not the seller.
I don't think anyone really doubts you Sphere, I'm just having a hard time trying to figure this guy out.
I don't recall whether or not you stated who this person was.. if you could, please PM me his forum name and/or heatware so I know to stay as far away from him as possible.

I really don't know what this guy is trying to pull... (not you OP, the buyer of your board).
His behavior just throws up all the red flags. I find it extremely strange that he won't even file a claim with paypal... unless he believes that he'll lose the claim.. though from my understanding, paypal usually sides with the buyer and not the seller.
I don't think anyone really doubts you Sphere, I'm just having a hard time trying to figure this guy out.
I don't recall whether or not you stated who this person was.. if you could, please PM me his forum name and/or heatware so I know to stay as far away from him as possible.

You can send someone a brick in a box, and as long as the package arrived there and you have proof (DC or the like), paypal will side with the seller.

I contacted Heat about the negative on 10/27 and explained what happened and wrote that I'd send all of the emails between the two of us, which more than likely would exonerate me, but have still not heard back and I still have the negative.

Anyhow, now that that's done, I have not left him Heat yet and did so intentionally as he'll have the last post in his evaluation in which he can post anything he likes due to his ability to *reply*

This brings me to how I should go about leaving him Heat? keeping in mind what was mentioned above.

After I leave him feedback, I will be more than happy to pm all who pm me for his user name. so this crap doesn't happen to anyone here.

Thanks

Don't expect Heatware support to get back to you in a timely manner. 1+ month turnaround time is common.

All I wanted from you was to provide a receipt for RMA purpose, when I spoke with Gigabyte Tech support and Customer service they did not want to even speak of an RMA without receipt. Once you stated "I have no receipt" and you pretty much could not do anything for me at that point, I said I will leave the appropriate feedback for you not that I was going to leave negative feedback. I bought a board from you that wasn't working was I suppose to leave a positive or neutral feedback? I left the feed back that I experienced.... negative. As for the PSU unit and ram not working, well it just wasn't working with that board. I've replied in the other forms showing pics of the same PSU (with an antec power supply tester attached) and ram along with all the other same components doing a fine job powering that Biostar board!!!

All I wanted from you was to provide a receipt for RMA purpose, when I spoke with Gigabyte Tech support and Customer service they did not want to even speak of an RMA without receipt. Once you stated "I have no receipt" and you pretty much could not do anything for me at that point, I said I will leave the appropriate feedback for you not that I was going to leave negative feedback. I bought a board from you that wasn't working was I suppose to leave a positive or neutral feedback? I left the feed back that I experienced.... negative. As for the PSU unit and ram not working, well it just wasn't working with that board. I've replied in the other forms showing pics of the same PSU (with an antec power supply tester attached) and ram along with all the other same components doing a fine job powering that Biostar board!!!

I think you've pretty much shot down any hope of trading with anyone who'd read this thread... but I would like to know; why'd you create a new account name, and wait until now to post any reply.

I've never had a psu not work with one board, but work with the next... but ram on the other hand, we could all probably give an instance of this. If the board does not work well with your ram, you're kind of left with the only options to change the board or the ram. Not the op's fault here.

That was faulty, I currently another of the same board running fine now with same components...... does that make any sense to you? I'm still confused but it works now that's all that really matters. AS for name and not reply sooner, 1st I had no idea that this thread was going on and secondly this is buddatech replying Jayham and I are siblings so we share a lot of the same things.

That was faulty, I currently another of the same board running fine now with same components...... does that make any sense to you? I'm still confused but it works now that's all that really matters. AS for name and not reply sooner, 1st I had no idea that this thread was going on and secondly this is buddatech replying Jayham and I are siblings so we share a lot of the same things.

I don't think this is the time to be 'sharing' so many things. But if that's your cop-out, whatever.

BTW, Asking if the seller has a copy of the receipt and if the product is registered should be done before you agree to buy, and send payment.

Point is there was a new board purchased, only way I could get Gigabyte to RMA was to purchase new board two boards one receipt works for me and an RMA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that fraud?

Nope I have a paypal receipt for the faulty board that gigabyte would not honor but it's my proof of purchase, and now an official receipt that they did honor, no thanks to you. But let's not get off topic fact is there was a second board purchased because you sold me a faulty board.

If I made $75.00 or $7500.00 what's it to you I just don't understand..... The problem here was a bad MB purchased you could not do anything for me and I told you over the phone that it's my problem now and I would take care of it. You got a deserving feedback I mean it's not some random user leaving you random/negative feedback everyone makes a bad purchase or maybe even a bad sale but I've learned to live with it and deal with it. Just was my turn to get burned and burned I got. I've never in my life burned anyone on anything I sold, but to each is own I guess. I don't think you had that intention but it is what it is. I've honestly learned to accept it and move on.

OK, after talking to Sphere, here's the bottom line:

-Sphere received, and still has, payment for the board
-The only thing left to dispute here, is a negative heatware rating, and there isn't anything anyone on this board can do to affect that situation.

Whatever else has occurred here, arguing it out on the forums isn't productive at all so this, and the other thread, are closed. If either of the people involved have some sort of substantive update that should be posted, contact a mod. Don't start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back