Opinions on Asus K8V SE deluxe anyone?

Wahu

Limp Gawd
I have an oppurtunity to purchase the AMD Challenge deal (A64 3200+ and Asus K8V SE for $179 after mail-in rebate) and wanted to get an opinion on this board. There doesn't seem to be much here either good or bad about it and I would like to hear about some personal experiences. Thanks in advance for you time.

buy it and toss the mobo.
thats im doing with mine, this board is utter crap.
mine was grounding in about 15 spots inside my case, including the back plate holding the HSF on. fried the chip before finding all the shorts. in the process of rma'ing.
my friend tried to flash his bios the first nite after a few unsuccessful boots and ended up frying the bios chip. turns out you cant use asus smartbios flasher or whatever its called on this board. hes already rma'd his.

good choice by amd using such a crap board with such a strong chip...oh well...i got a 64 bit proc for 100$ cheaper than i could anywhere else.

It's a good board. Very good board.

However, it's a generation behind in terms of chipsets. Both VIA and NVIDIA have newer chipsets available.

I got the same deal but through AMD's partner program. We actually sold a lot of systems with this board, and have had VERY good luck with it.

If you're grounding your board that sounds like inexperience to me. There's nothing unique about this board that would make it any more likely to ground out than any other board.

I'm using this same CPU and mother board. It's a good board.
The only problem I'm having is Acronis true image doesn't
support the VIA raid controller yet.

Pretty good board. Got the same combo deal. Can get up to 2.4ghz with that Thermaltake Venus 7+ HSF at 45°C Full Load. Initially had problems finding out what memory works good with this MB...

Back