Opinion please

lord_tris

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Messages
1,789
I am planning on building a new system towards the end of the year beginning of next.

I have most of it planned out already.

The biggest part that I love doing is watercooling.

But here is my problem, I have Corsair 700D completely torn down to be modded completely and go all out on, ie some options I am throwing around Full paint strip and paint some new panels and full out cooling. This however could become exceedingly expensive. I would say 200-300 for all the mods I would like to do.

So here is the problem I have.

Do I use this Much older 700D completely modded out.

OR

Do I just save up another 100-150 and get a CaseLabs Mercury S8.

Do not suggest another case as these are the two that I like and will make my decision between them.

Thank you for your time.
 
This is a completely personal opinion. Do you want to mod a perfectly fine case that has all the room you need, or do you want to buy a new case and not have to mod as much. Completely up to you. Third, you could get the CaseLabs and set a system up in that while you mod the 700D over time. There's nothing wrong with the Corsair, and it isn't an "old" case.
 
I modded cases and after all the money I put into it, I could have purchased something better.
Because you're watercooling, and the S8 will offer better flexibility for current and future PC setups.

You're investing in a case (700D) the has very low value. $80-100 at the most in resale.
I have an old Lian Li case right now for a mod a bailed on. Not worth the cost and time. So I'm getting an S8 instead.
 
Back
Top