• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Opinion on this build

chump01284

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
92
Hi guys, I would like your feedback on this build I picked out. My budget is 1,200.

PC Hound Part List - first build

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K ($209.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI ($115.87 @ B&H)
Memory: G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Value Series ($42.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 ($319.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 220-G2-0650-Y1 ($88.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: SAMSUNG 250GB 850 EVO MZ-75E250B/AM ($87.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 ($25.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS ($19.99 @ B&H)
Total: $911.78
Price may include shipping, rebates, promotions, and tax
Generated by PC Hound

And I need some help on chossing Case and case fan, I am going to get student discount on window OS. Any recommendation on Monitor? I already have Keyboard and Mouse.
 
I would suggest something like a Fractal Define S which is a great case for $60dlls or a NZXT S340 for $75dlls. Case fans well thats more on personal taste and build color but Corsair AF and SP fans are great and those colored rings have always been my favorite.
 
Back
Top