Hi guys,
I'm just about to finish up painting my case, getting to the point where I start riveting things back together. Before doing that, I realized I have a choice on rivet color and wanted to get opinions. The particulars:
- Thermaltake Armor VA8000BWS case
- Removed the doors. I'm making custom lightsabers (red and blue) for the semi-tubular depressions in the front of the bezel. (Flame suit on...I know I'm a Star Wars geek)
- Interior is satin black. I will likely have modest lighting - haven't settled on that part yet. Going for a Star Wars "Imperial" look.
- Exterior will be gloss black.
- I'm thinking of airbrushing the attached image on the right side.
I was just going to paint the rivets black, but saw a painted case with natural aluminum rivets, and it looked pretty good. It showed that the person completely dismantled the case, kind of showed how much work went into it. I can also do red or blue rivets.
So, since I tend to be lacking in terms of color coordination, I wanted to take a general poll on what you folks think?
: Aluminum
: Black
: Red
: Blue
: Stormtrooper White
Thanks!
Jack
One possible pic for the side:
I'm just about to finish up painting my case, getting to the point where I start riveting things back together. Before doing that, I realized I have a choice on rivet color and wanted to get opinions. The particulars:
- Thermaltake Armor VA8000BWS case
- Removed the doors. I'm making custom lightsabers (red and blue) for the semi-tubular depressions in the front of the bezel. (Flame suit on...I know I'm a Star Wars geek)
- Interior is satin black. I will likely have modest lighting - haven't settled on that part yet. Going for a Star Wars "Imperial" look.
- Exterior will be gloss black.
- I'm thinking of airbrushing the attached image on the right side.
I was just going to paint the rivets black, but saw a painted case with natural aluminum rivets, and it looked pretty good. It showed that the person completely dismantled the case, kind of showed how much work went into it. I can also do red or blue rivets.
So, since I tend to be lacking in terms of color coordination, I wanted to take a general poll on what you folks think?
: Aluminum
: Black
: Red
: Blue
: Stormtrooper White
Thanks!
Jack
One possible pic for the side: