Lucky_Skunk
n00b
- Joined
- Jul 12, 2004
- Messages
- 43
I am about to upgrade to the following:
Athlon 64 3800+
1024 Mushkin level 1 PC3200
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (939)
BFG 6800gt OC
SB Audigy 2
Plain Jane DVD player
several USB devices (joystick, throtte, etc.)
For a case, I have decided to go with the Thermaltake III. I have found one at the egg for $139 w/ no PSU. However, they also sell the same case with a Thermaltake 420watt psu for 8 dollars more.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-133-109&depa=0
I do not intend on OC'ing the cpu at all, but I do plan on OC'ing the the 6800 to at least Ultra speed.
Question- with the config I have presented, will the 420watt be enough? I have no plans on adding anymore gear and I know that, with my next upgrade, a bigger PSU will be inevitable. However, for only $8 morefor the 420watt thermaletake PSU, it's hard to say "no".
Athlon 64 3800+
1024 Mushkin level 1 PC3200
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (939)
BFG 6800gt OC
SB Audigy 2
Plain Jane DVD player
several USB devices (joystick, throtte, etc.)
For a case, I have decided to go with the Thermaltake III. I have found one at the egg for $139 w/ no PSU. However, they also sell the same case with a Thermaltake 420watt psu for 8 dollars more.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-133-109&depa=0
I do not intend on OC'ing the cpu at all, but I do plan on OC'ing the the 6800 to at least Ultra speed.
Question- with the config I have presented, will the 420watt be enough? I have no plans on adding anymore gear and I know that, with my next upgrade, a bigger PSU will be inevitable. However, for only $8 morefor the 420watt thermaletake PSU, it's hard to say "no".