• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Operation Mithril P4

I was just thinking what does this have to do with FMP? Or are you just borrowing "Mithril"?
 
Nice setup. I'd suggest removing the built-in Lian-Li fan grills and replacing them with standard wire ones to increase air flow.
 
Thanks for the many comments guys!

Scotch Tape: I used this cause this was what I had, I also used some electrical tape when I ran out :p Remember all the taping was done on the rear of the mobo plate, i.e. the case cover comes on and 'ta da' you don't see jack :D

The Sub: I need to get around to doing this some time. Earlier I measured the speaker wire for the hight off the floor, so I need to buy another 3m or so to get it on the floor.

Mithril: I needed a name for the new machine and I was watching FMP at the time as I was like 'oooh, Mithril would be a nice name!'...and there ya have it!

4x TFTs: With the current 2 TFT setup I feel I have way too many windows stacked up on each. Ofcourse you can argue that it would be lame to have a display for each window (duh) but I feel that if I at least went 'dual monitor' with the right hand comp (SpawnBox2) I would be able to get stuff done in a smoother fashion. I may get the 4th TFT for Mithril so I can have winamp, mbm and some other apps on that, along with IRC, while I surf on the center TFT. The possibility of going for 3x TFTs is much higher as I will be getting a Shuttle soon and when I'm not at Uni I could have the 'Shuttles' TFT being the wing of SpawnBox2 as I can use the 'source' swap feature there (DVI to Shuttle, VGA to SpawnBox2).

Just to wrap this up, got a new AC installed today, one of these funky split type ones and the machines run alot cooler of course, I'm seeing 4 - 5DegC drop with the AC on for around 25mins...

I am quite busy these days working on my 'Remote Firework Ignition Station', and I hope to have it completed by the end of the month!
 
Originally posted by Highlife
All this money in equippment, get a new desk for god's sakes =) Awesome work NeRd, i love switches and knobs =)

I've decided to take you up on your suggestion :D

The mess was growing and the mess was getting worse!

DSC02817.JPG


DSC02819.JPG


I've designed the new setup to look a bit like the image below:

WorkSpace_Model.jpg


I would like to thank you and Drunkinsquirl for giving me some ideas! I will be going to Singapore on the 29th of this month and I will be purchasing a KVM (finally) as it looks like I'll be having 3 boxes now (and that's 3TFTs!).

Will post back when I get it all setup! Thanks guys!
 
Back
Top