Operation FlashPoint PC vs PS3?

aFive

2[H]4U
Hey everybody, I am currently without a video card and am really wanting to play this game. I am a PC gamer, duh, but haven't really gamed for awhile.

Anyways, I have a PS3 and was thinking of getting a game for that instead. However, I could also get myself a card to play it on PC, but am not really seeing too many games in the future I would like to play :(.

Now, I also love love love graphics and HATE lag. How does the console version of Flashpoint compare to PC? Obviously PC will be better, but by how much?

Do you like to play with a slow panning controller or a mouse? Do you like dedicated servers online? Real question i regards to any FPS on pc vs console.

Do you like to play with a slow panning controller or a mouse? Do you like dedicated servers online? Real question i regards to any FPS on pc vs console.

I get that, and I do prefer a mouse, dedicated servers are better too. However, I could stand the controller and still enjoy the experience, as long as the game feels good and runs smooth.

I guess I really am not looking to put miles on a game, just have fun with it every now and then.

tbh if you have a computer that can run it just as well as a PS3 base it on if you play it online, WHO you are going to play with if that matters to you. Regardless of system whatever you have friends to play on really does make the game.

If thats not the case get it for PC, probably will be the better offering more often than not.

tbh if you have a computer that can run it just as well as a PS3 base it on if you play it online, WHO you are going to play with if that matters to you. Regardless of system whatever you have friends to play on really does make the game.

If thats not the case get it for PC, probably will be the better offering more often than not.

Yea, but like I said, I have no video card. My rig is running 8600GT right now, it won't do 1920x1200 well :(. I am mainly looking to just play it alone i think. Look at it this way:

PC: New card ($350 - don't want this gen as it won't be a wise purchase) + $30 game = ~$400
PS3: $60 game.

Would be way cheaper for PS3, but I know that if it looks bad and runs bad I would not have much fun with it :(.

Just so you know OFP2 Dragon Rising doesn't support dedicated servers, so PC doesn't really have that much advantage in online play (other than 16v16 players matches)

To be honest my 8800GTS maxes the game out smoothly, you could probably get a decent experience with a 8600GT.

I would say buy it for whatever platform you have the most buddies/contacts with.

Hmm so a 260GTX or ^ will run it like butter maxed out?

Just so you know OFP2 Dragon Rising doesn't support dedicated servers, so PC doesn't really have that much advantage in online play (other than 16v16 players matches)
Wow shooters have really gone downhill.

get the PC version...

and go to codemaster forum. The dedicated modding community there has released a number of mods that really improves the game over the console, plus a growing home-made missions, coop and MP maps. If lack of dedicated servers for the pc (at the present moment) bothers you, at least the modding allows a better and longer lasting gaming experience on the PC.

edit: or wait a while more. Patch and DLC are on their way to be announced and released. Hopefully with time, you can snag a discounted game somewhere and enjoy a more bug-free game.

Back