Opera V. 9.00 (Or above) How To: Multiple Document Interface (New tab open Within)

HDBox2d1

Gawd
Hello. I had the Opera 10 annivseray program for a couple years. I now have re-installed windows and i downloaed Opera Version 9.00.
When i select a new website, it opens another 'program' and it goes on my Windows toolbar. Anybody know how to change this to Multiple Document Interface, Which means Tabs will open within Opera itself.

Define: multiple document interface
'Graphical computer applications with a Multiple Document Interface (MDI) are those whose windows all reside under a single parent window (usually with the exception of modal windows), as opposed to all windows being separate from each other (single document interface). The initialism MDI is usually not expanded. In the usability community, there has been much debate over which interface type is preferable. Companies have used both interfaces with mixed responses.'

Wtf :shrug: When i press 'Ctrl Spacebar' on my keyboard, a new Opera tab opens to my Windows Toolbar. When I am within Opera and select 'New Tab' It opens a new tab within the Opera itself.
I Hate this, how do i change it?

I have checked through the options within Opera 9.0

http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/windows/900/
'Updated preference dialog. Main changes:
New Advanced > Tabs with more tab and Multiple Document Interface options.
Improved and simplified cookie preferences.'

Edit:
I could not figure it out. I got the version
Version 8.53
Build 7722
and it has what i want It is Much Better now. There are somethings i do not like about it.. But i will deal with it.

opera:

Version 8.02
Build 7680
Platform Win32

Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.5
XHTML+Voice Plug-in not loaded

This Is What I Need: This Version Is Great.
No help in this thread... i found my own help :p

Can somebody please help me pick a Opera that is correct.
I cannot find the one i used and i loved!! wtf

Uninstall all your Operas and delete your opera profile folders and your Opera program files folder.

Goto http://www.opera.com/ and download Opera 9.01

Once you install it, goto tools -> preferences -> advanced -> tabs

There you have a bunch of tab options.

You want:
reuse current tab: unchecked
open new tab next to active: unchecked
allow window with no tabs: you can uncheck this, but I like it checked
click on tab to minimize: checked
show close button on each tab: unchecked
open window instead of tabs: unchecked

All the options were separated like that because that's what the majority of the users want.

You should use ctrl+t to open a new tab.

Back