Opera Now Offers Cryptomining Blocker in its Browser

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Opera has become the first popular browser to offer an integrated cryptomining blocker in its browser. In this day of cryptomining malware a browser with automatic blocking is a welcome thing. Go out and get the new beta if you're worried about mining crypto for unscrupulous hackers.

Opera's cryptocurrency mining protection is part of Opera's built-in ad blocker. The company has tried to differentiate itself with a range of novel features, such as the ad-blocker and a built-in VPN.

Been using Opera for a few months now, the built-in ad blocking feature already blocks browser-based cryptomining.

To clarify, they state it explicitly as a feature but it's inherently built-in :p.

Already using Opera. Just another reason to continue using it.

Another opera users here. Switched to it when they started offering that built in VPN feature (which work good most of the time, some server outages) and this just gives me another reason to stick with it.

Its nice being able to use a stock browser that has Ad-block, VPN, bookmark sync and now this cryptominer blocker without having to use addons.

Hopefully that comes to firefox sooner rather than later as that is something that would interest me. I just refuse to use Opera as I abhor the company behind it.

bitcoin just fell back to $11000. I wonder how many lost their shirts

I hope it completely crashes so that people can stop putting this mining shit in their websites

Used to use opera mini on the smafo, but the advertising got too intrusive. What's the point of an ad-blocker when the browser inserts its own ads?

old presto opera is dead, along with their dev blogs, vivaldi is where their spirit lives on.

Back