openvpn question

misterpat

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 24, 2011
Messages
103
Hello all.

I'm trying to get my uncle set up on pfSense.

Previously, on DD-WRT, he would vpn in and would be on his home network. access all his machines on his lan. When he would browse the internet, it would show he is browsing from his homes IP address.

What type of VPN is this called? I tried searching, but as I don't know what its called, I didn't get to far.

Thanks.
 
Thanks /usr/home

This gives me something to start on. Just gotta figure out the nat rules and I think we are golden!
 
By default OpenVPN behaves that way so you probably don't have to change anything. Split tunnel would be the other way.
 
If anyone has a good link on how to set this up, that would be great. I found the setting for forcing all traffic through tunnel, but once connected, no internet access. Seems to not be sending dns and a gateway.
 
If anyone has a good link on how to set this up, that would be great. I found the setting for forcing all traffic through tunnel, but once connected, no internet access. Seems to not be sending dns and a gateway.

Can you ping the gateway and internal hosts when connected? If yes and just can't get internet access, it's probably a NAT or firewall issue or both on the PFSense box.
 
Also, at least by default I would image that it tunnels which means that you shouldn't use the same address space between those two networks (ie 192.168.1.X on both ends).
//Danne
 
Back
Top