opening IE from external programs..

korkow

n00b
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
12
For a while now, none of the programs on my computer can call up an IE (or any browser for that matter) window. What I mean is that, persay, I click some button that says "register online" in some program that is supposed to call up a browser and direct me to that page. But nothing happens. At all. Ever.

For example in uTorrent there is a button that says "Test if port is forwarded properly" and it used to open up IE, go to some website and test it. But now i can click it a million times and nothing happens. It *used* to work, but now it simply refuses to, and its getting annoying.

Help?
 
Yes, posting your operating system would help because if your running like Vista like I am, it is an overly-secure OS and maybe there is an internet protect setting that is preventing pop-ups and javascript execution codes.
 
XP SP2. So I don't know whats going on. I dont have any firewalls that would block this since all I use is Peerguardian (which even if i disable, I can't get IE to open). Turning windows firewall on and off changes nothing either.
 
hmm....you might have to see if there is a problem with the broswer, or see if this happens on another borwser such as firefox.
 
Strange, I reset the defualt settings on IE (I never remember even changing them, let alone using IE :p ) and now things open up in Opera, which is good since thats the browser i use. Thanks for the help, sorta.
 
Back
Top